Lemon Salad Dressing Recipe
Lemon Salad Dressing Recipe – easy to make, flavorful, tangy and delicious. This Lemon Vinaigrette is and olive oil and lemon juice based dressing, that could be served on salads, veggies and meat or used as a marinade.
My favorite summer dressing – introducing a simple dressing made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sweetener (optional), garlic powder and seasoning.
Very quick and easy to make and goes well with so many salads. It can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, just make sure you whisk (or shake) it before serving.
Pour on top of mixed greens, spinach or arugula or serve with roasted veggies (zucchini, carrots, broccoli or Brussel Sprouts).
Marinate some chicken, shrimp, beef or lamb in this dressing, then fire up the grill.
This bold and flaovrful dressing screams “summer”. It has the perfect balance of flavors and its freshness is outstanding.
How to make lemon vinaigrette?
All you need are some basic ingredients and a clear glass jar with a lid.
Keep in mind, that this lemon dressing can be made just prior to serving, of mixed up a few days in advance. If you happen to make it and have leftovers, keep the closed jar in the fridge for up fo 7 days (or even longer). There is no reason for it to go bad, if stored in the refrigerator.
- Lemon juice – preferably freshly squeezed, but bottled can work as well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried Oregano (optional)
- Honey (or any other liquid sweetener) /(optional)
- Dried Thyme (optional)
- Garlic – here you can either use freshly minced garlic or garlic powder. If you use fresh garlic, the flavor will be way more intense, than if powdered is used. I personally like to use garlic powder in my dressings. Either add 1 small garlic clove, or substitute with 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- Dijon mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil – for salad dressings, I personally like to use the highest quality olive oil possible
Combine all ingredients in a jar, then close the lid. Shake until smooth. Alternatively whisk everything in a bowl, then cover and store in the fridge.
Why make lemon Vinaigrette at home?
More Salad Dressing Recipes:
What to Serve Lemon Salad Dressing With?
When I recently made this salad dressing, I served it on top of a green salad with some cucumbers and pan fried salmon pieces.
You can also add it to grain and grain-free bowls like these:
Serve as a side/dipping sauce for veggies:
- Air Fryer Vegetables – perfect for summer!
- Sea Asparagus Recipe – the lemony flavor pairs well with these
You can also marinate chicken breast in lemon salad dressing and then cook it in the air-fryer. Here is a recipe for air-fryer chicken: How to cook chicken in an air-fryer.
Use on various salads like these:
Serve with Meat, Fish and Seafood:
- Grilled Skirt Steak (if not served with Chimichurri sauce, this lemon dressing can be used)
- Fagri Fish
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp
- 1/4 cup lemon juice — freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder — or 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme — optional
- 1/4 tsp dreid oregano — optional
Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Close the lid. Shake until well combined. Serve.