Air Fryer Vegetables
Easy to make vegetables, that are perfectly cooked, caramelized and delicious. A mix of peppers, zucchini, eggplant and squash, that tastes great on its own or could be served as an appetizer or a side dish. The perfect summer flavor in a bowl of air fried vegetables.
Summer is upon us and it is the perfect time to cook some more light and delicious veggie recipes. While you can grill some vegetables, why not try to air fry them? These Air Fryer Vegetables are not as oily as deep fried vegetables, non breaded, light and healthy, perfectly crispy and fully cooked.
The secret is to choose fresh seasonal veggies and cut them into similar pieces.
From the vegetables used in this recipe, most of them have similar texture and the cooking time is similar. The only ones that will cook faster are the peppers, but don’t worry, you can cut them into larger pieces and they will cook perfectly and caramelize nicely. The flavors are amazing.
All you need to do is peel (optional, but I recommend that you peel the eggplant) and chop into 1/2 inch cubes. Season with oil and salt.
Add to the air fryer basket, shake a few times (3-4) during the cooking process, to ensure everything cooks evenly.
How to make these easy Air Fryer Vegetables?
What vegetables to use?
This recipe works best with zucchini, summer squash and eggplant. You can add some onions, mushrooms and peppers, if you’d like to. I like to cook mushrooms separately. Check this Easy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe.
How to cut?
Cut into bite sized pieces, but keep in mind that after frying the vegetables may shrink a little.
For the eggplant, zucchini and squash, you can cut them into equal size cubes (1/2 inch or less) and cut the peppers into larger pieces, because they tend to cook faster. Depending on the type and density of veggies used, use your judgement to determine the size of the pieces.
What to season with?
Seasoning these crispy Air Fryer Vegetables with just salt and pepper is perfect. If you’d like to, you can add garlic and onion powder, paprika, thyme, oregano or rosemary (or any dried herbs) of your choice for extra flavor.
How long to cook for?
Cooking time may vary slightly, depending on the type of Air Fryer used, type of vegetables and size of them.
I use a Phillips XXL Air Fryer and like it. The basket of this Air Fryer does not rotate, so you need to occasionally shake it sob the heat hits all the vegetables evenly.
Cook at 400 F (200 C) for 14-18 minutes, until fully cooked and crispy.
What to serve with?
- These taste great, when only seasoned with salt and black pepper (optional), but you can drizzle them with lemon juice, garlic butter or balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, ranch or any vinaigrette.
- Top with some chopped fresh herbs like parsley, dill, oregano or rosemary. Dried herbs could be added as well (if this is what you have).
How to store the cooked vegetables?
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. These can be frozen in a zip lock bag for up to 2 months, but I don’t recommend doing it, because they taste best on the day they were made.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – crunchy and flavorful, perfectly cooked Brussels sprouts, that require minimal prep work and just 10 minutes in the air fryer to make.
- The perfect, juicy and tasty steak, made in the Air Fryer. No prep work, minimal ingredients and an amazing result – Air Fryer Ribeye Steak.
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe – quick and easy way to prepare tender, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin made in the Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Vegetables
- 1 red pepper — cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 zucchini — cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow squash — chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small eggplant — I used 1/2 purple and 1/2 white eggplant, roughly chopped, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp salt
Place all chopped vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with olive oil.
Set the air fryer to 400 F (200 C).
Place vegetables (you may need to work in batches). Air fry for 14-18 minutes, until crispy.
Yes. So fresh and nutritious. Healthy too.