This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hard Boiled Eggs In The Air Fryer – the perfect “hard boiled” eggs, without the need to wait for any water to boil. Easy to make, effortless and foolproof. Nicely cooked and easy to peel.
You may be wondering why make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, but trust me, it is worth it! The eggs are cooked nicely and are very easy to peel.
I decided to share this recipe with you today, because this weekend we are celebrating Greek Orthodox Easter and I’m excited about coloring eggs.
My go to method is usually hard boiling them, but this year I’m exploring Air Frying and Pressure cooking “hard boiled eggs”.
These could be enjoyed on their own, or used for Deviled Eggs, in salads or sandwiches.
How to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer?
This is one of the easiest recipes out there.
Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 250 F (120 C).
Add eggs to the air fryer basket (you can use an insert, if you have one).
Cook for 13-17 minutes, depending on the desired doneness.
13 minutes – very runny yolk
17 min – hard fully cooked yolk
I usually cook mine at 250 F for 16 minutes for a fully cooked egg white and yolk.
What to use these hard boiled eggs for?
Hard boiled eggs are great for meal prepping, to be added to salads, sandwiches, toast or grain bowl. Both the egg white and egg yolk are rich in nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Here are some recipes that call for hard boiled eggs:
- Depending on how you like your eggs done, the type, strength and watts of your Air Fryer, I recommend that you test the recipe (maybe with smaller batches) to find how the exact time you need to make them.
- If your Air Fryer comes with a “grill rack” or a similar insert, use it. This keeps the eggs in place so they don’t move around while the hot air is circulating. If you don’t have one, you can still put the eggs directly on the basket. I own a Phillips XXL air fryer and I can fit up to a dozen eggs to cook at a time.
- To prevent overcooking the eggs, place them in an ice water bath immediately after you take them out from the air fryer. Let them sit in the cold water for 5-10 minutes, then drain and peel. If you don’t have any ice, you can just place the eggs in a strainer and pour cold water on top.
- If your air fryer does not go down under 300 F, I recommend that you just boil the eggs on the stove top in water.
- Store air fryer hard boiled eggs unpeeled in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. For peeled eggs, store in a bowl of water for up to a week.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 250 F (120 C).
- Add eggs to the air fryer basket (you can use an insert, if you have one).
- Cook for 13-17 minutes, depending on the desired doneness.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl filled with ice water. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Peel and serve (or refrigerate for up to 1 week).
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.