Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe – quick and easy way to prepare tender, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin made in the Air Fryer.
So effortless and a delicious final result. Just season the pork tenderloin and cook it at 400 F (200 C) in the air fryer for 20-22 minutes. Make sure you follow the directions and don’t burn or overcook the meat. Use any leftover meat on sandwiches, salads or add to soups and grain bowls.
Why make pork tenderloin in an air fryer?
Because Air Fryers are like mini convection ovens, that circulate hot air and cook everything perfectly. Pork meat remains tender and juicy in the inside and gets a nice golden crust on the outside. Perfectly seasoned and cooked, this meat tastes amazing! Did you know that pork tenderloin is considered the “fillet mignon” of pork?
This cut of meat cooks relatively quickly and does not require any browning/searing, before you add it to the Air Fryer basket. I use the searing technique, when cooking pork tenderloin in the oven, but when air frying it, this is not necessary,
Setting up your Air Fryer under the kitchen vent or on the patio/balcony will help keep your kitchen smell free.
I currently use a Phillips XXL Air Fryer and love it.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Seasoning:
You can use any seasoning that is suitable for pork, dry rub or marinade.
I’ve chosen a simple combination of pantry staples like olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika (or smoked paprika) and oregano. If you’d like, you can also add some brown sugar to the seasoning and skip the honey.
What to serve pork tenderloin with?
I prefer serving this juicy and flavorful meat with a green salad, like this Easy Purple Cabbage Salad.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Tips:
- Preheat the air fryer. This way the cooking process starts right after you add the meat to the basket and the meat cooks quickly and evenly.
- You’ll need cut off the “silver skin/membrane”, which is just a thin membrane on one side of the meat. Use a sharp knife and peel it away.
- Pat dry the meat with paper towel. Mix the ingredients of the seasoning in a bowl, then coat the meat with it.
- Spray the Air Fryer basket with cooking spray and add the meat. Cook at 400 F (200 C) for 20-22 minutes, turning once to a temperature of the meat 160 F.
- Check the temperature of the meat, before the 20 minute mark, so you don’t overcook it (because Air Fryers cook meat relatively quickly).
- Let the cooked Pork Tenderloin rest, before you cut it
How long to cook pork tenderloin in the Air fryer?
Preheat Air Fryer at 400 F for 5 minutes.
Cook a 1.5 lb pork tenderloin at 400 F (200 C) for 20-22 minutes, turning once. The internal temperature should be 160 F.
More Pork tenderloin recipes:
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- 1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder — optional
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika — or sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp Oregano — optional
Preheat Air Fryer at 400 F (200 C) for 5 min.
Cook the pork tenderloin at 400 F (200 C) for 20-22 minutes, turning once. Internal temp should be 145° – 160° F.
Take out of the Air Fryer and transfer to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
Cut and serve.