This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot – quick and simple to make, tender, perfectly cooked, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin cooked in a pressure cooker.
This is seriously the best Instant pot pork tenderloin recipe! I love pork and have shared many pork tenderloin recipes, using different cooking methods and seasonings. From oven roasted, to grilled and pan seared (then cooked in the oven further), there are s many different ways to cook this cut of meat. Did I tell you I once made Stuffed Pork Tenderloin? It was delicious and Keto friendly.
Just watch your cooking temperature – do not overcook it. This is essential in order to achieve the perfect Instant pot pork tenderloin.
Pork tenderloin usually weighs a little over a pound, and looks like a foot-long cylinder about three to inches inches wide with very little visible fat
Its thickness could be from1 1/2 inches to up to 2 1/4 inches.
Weight per piece
You may be wondering how much does a piece of pork tenderloin weigh?
The weigh varies from between 3/4 to 1 1/2 pounds per piece. The pork tenderloins I used in the recipe, weighed around 1 lb each. They require 3 minutes of High Pressure Cooking and 3 minutes of Natural Release time.
According to the USDA, pork tenderloin is considered safe to consume when cooked to an internal temperature of minimum 145 F.
How much pork tenderloin to serve per person?
When serving pork tenderloin as a main dish, serve 1/2 pound of meat per person. Some meat lovers may need a little more than this.
If you serve it as an appetizer, sliced thinly, you may plan for less than 1/2 pound per person.
Pork tenderloin seasoning
Salt and pepper is good, but it just won’t do it. While pork tenderloin has some flavor to it, I like adding more seasoning like mustard (Old fashioned brown mustard), paprika, Smoked paprika, onion powder (if available), oregano, honey and some lemon juice or vinegar.
To season the best Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot, I used:
- Salt (either Kosher or table salt, make sure you use 1 1/4 teaspoons of Kosher salt per 1 teaspoon of table salt.
- Black pepper
- Brown Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Onion Powder
To cook the pork tenderloin in your Pressure Cooker, you’ll need liquid – either water or unsalted chicken or vegetable salt. (Use unsalted, so you don’t mess up with the seasoning of the meat and prevent it from getting too salty).
How long to cook this Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot?
For pork tenderloin that is about 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick, cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes with Natural Release for 2-3 minutes. Then check the internal temperature of the meat. It should be 145 F. If it is 3-5 degrees over or under this, it will still be fine. If it is less than 140 F, place the meat back in the Instant Pot, close the lid and let it sit inside to cook from the remaining heat for 5 more minutes.
I’d rather have the meat undercooked at first, than make it dry and rubbery, which will ruin the meal.
For larger pieces of pork tenderloin (that are more than 0.5 inches thicker than this one, over 2 inches thick), increase the natural release time with 5 minutes, then check the temperature.
More pork tenderloin recipes
- Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
- Top 10 Pork Tenderloin Recipes
- Oven Baked Pork Tenderloin
Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 cup unsalted chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Brown Mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- In a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, vinegar, honey, mustard, paprika, onion powder and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Coat the pork tenderloin with he seasoning mixture.
- Set the Instant pot on Saute. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side, turning once (2 sides).
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the instant pot.
- Add the stock and deglaze the bottom.
- Place the wire rack on the bottom of the Instant pot.
- Add the pork tenderloin. Close the lid and set the valve too sealing. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes, then Natural release for 3 minutes.
- Test if the meat has reached an internal temperature of 145 F (poking a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat). If it is less than 145 F, return to the pot, without turning it on, place the lid and lit the meat sit inside for 3-5 more minutes.
- Let it rest for additional 3 minutes, before slicing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.