Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups Recipe
Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups Recipe – quick and very easy to prepare, these cups make the perfect breakfast. You can make these Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups in advance, they are great for meal planning. Low carb, gluten free and loaded with veggies.
Breakfast time, again here on the blog!
What shall I make? It needs to be easy.
Minimal prep work and just one pan (muffin tin) to wash.
I have to use whatever ingredients I have available, because there is no time to go shopping.
Sounds familiar? Well, that’s how I feel lately.
I enjoy making egg white breakfast cups with all sorts of different ingredients.
They are so easy to prepare, the perfect size and ready in less 30 minutes.
Love meals prepared in advance and this Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups Recipe is the perfect example.
These Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups could be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to a week.
So convenient, then when ready to consume, you can just reheat them, or if you are like me – just eat them cold (no time!).
I used roasted red peppers (from a jar), green olives (black or Kalamata could be substituted), green onions, spinach and feta. The combination of ingredients is one of my favorites and you know that.
I could have added sautéed mushrooms, but I felt that there are already too many ingredients in these mini breakfast cups. Feel free to add mushrooms, if you’d like.
I eat eggs pretty much every day. Most of the time for breakfast, but also for lunch and dinner. There are so many things you can cook with eggs.
I’m so tired lately. I’ve been sick. Too busy! I had to cancel travel plans. I even had my first root canal. Can you believe it? I’ve always tried to take care of my teeth, but unfortunately this happened. But I need a break from all that has happened to me lately! This month (February) has been terrible for me.
Thankfully I’m doing ok now and I’m in an “active mode”. I’ve started to work out, go for long strolls with my son and make nutritious meals like these Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups.
Have a great week!
MEDITERRANEAN EGG WHITE BREAKFAST CUPS RECIPE
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- 2 cups baby spinach — , chopped
- 2 medium roasted red peppers — , chopped
- 12 green olives — , pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions — , chopped
- salt to taste — (I did not use any, because feta cheese is pretty salty)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with spinach, red pepper and olives (divide evenly).
- (At this point you can add some salt to the egg whites).
- Pour egg whites, filling cups almost to the top.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and green onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden on top.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin tin (can use a knife to loosen them).
- Serve or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 37, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 259mg, Potassium: 42mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 875%, Vitamin C: 4.6%, Calcium: 26%, Iron: 0.8%
You May Also Like: