Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe – a breakfast bowl loaded with nutritious and wholesome ingredients.
I have a quick and easy breakfast idea for you.
This Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe is for quinoa lovers, but if you aren’t one, you can skip the quinoa and add a slice of toast!
Sauteed spinach and mushrooms with a fried egg on top, a side of quinoa and balsamic glaze drizzle.
Delicious combination of simple ingredients.
I’ve really wanted to share with you my struggle with breakfast again!
I’m bored with oats and smoothies. I constantly search for new breakfast ideas.
While I have no problem with lunch and dinner recipes, breakfast is always an issue…
I guess my mornings are just so busy and I get lazy to make breakfast. This should not be happening…
I’ve been making “egg cups” (recipe soon), frittatas, breakfast potatoes and keeping them in the fridge, so I never skip breakfast again!
This Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe is just so easy and ready in 20 minutes (assuming you have cooked quinoa).
Just scroll down for the recipe, because I’m about to share some personal struggles, you might not want to read.
I’ve promised myself that 2017 will be the year of less stress for me!
And it is all up to me to stick to my plan. Did I say a plan?
I was complaining the other day to my mom – nothing in my life goes according to plan and she said that this hardly ever happens in life.
But I told her that I know of people, who say I’ll do “this and that” and say that certain things will happen to them and things do happen to them. Well this is not the case with me. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have plans, but just don’t get upset if things you can’t control don’t go according to your plan.
Sometimes you can only do as much.
Why am I saying this? Because I wanted to start The Whole 30 right after my birthday in the middle of January.
And guess what? I failed! And I’m happy I did. I might try it sometime in the future, I might never do! I felt overwhelmed with goals and ideas.
I really wanted to try this meal plan, but the truth is that I can not do it. There are just to many other things going on and I can not stress about food.
As a food blogger, I know what is good and what is not so good for your body.
Stress and doing things you don’t necessarily enjoy aren’t good for me.
So no meal plans or diets for now.
Just healthier and nutritious meals with ingredients I enjoy and some delicious desserts from time to time. This is what makes me happy right now and this is what I am going to do!
The moral of the story? There are times when you just need ot step back and enjoy life. Don’t push yourself and compare to others. You almost always know what is best for yourself!
Hope you like this Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach , packed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- balsamic vinegar glaze (reduced balsamic vinegar, you can make it by heating 1 cup balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat and letting it reduce in half and thicken)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook fro 5-7 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated, then add spinach.
- Cook spinach and mushrooms for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the skillet, divide spinach mushroom mixture into 4 equal parts. Using a spoon make 4 rounds in each end of the skillet. Add an egg in the middle of each circle. Season the egg with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the egg is cooked. I suggest that you cover the skillet with a lid, to ensure that the egg cooks quickly and properly.
- Remove each "nest" from the pan and transfer to a plate. Serve with cooked quinoa on the side. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.