Asparagus,Mushroom and Mozzarella Frittata
Asparagus,Mushroom and Mozzarella Frittata – the perfect breakfast for spring. Pached with veggies, this frittata is a family favorite.
This asparagus, mushroom and mozzarella frittata recipe is quick and simple and it takes less than 20 minutes to make. Great idea for a protein rich breakfast and you also get your veggies with it. Mozzarella melts easily and gives this dish a lot of creaminess.
Since asparagus are into season now, there are many ways to cook and enjoy them, so why not for breakfast? I’m also working on a breakfast pizza recipe with asparagus and corn. It should be up on the blog soon. Even when cooked with the eggs, asparagus stay crunchy and give this frittata the perfect texture. I also added some thinly sliced white mushrooms to bring some
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 10 large chopped asparagus (make sure you trim the ends)
- 3 medium white mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can use gouda, Havarty or American cheese)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 -2 tsp butter
- Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet and add mushrooms. Cook them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until water released, almost disappears. Add asparagus and ook on medium-low for 2-3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile mix eggs, salt, pepper and half and half in a bowl and pour mixture over asparagus. Cook on medium heat, until almost set, but still runny on top and evenly spread cheese. Transfer to the oven to broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. (If you don't have an oven proof skillet, transfer frittata to a round pan, lined with foil. It should transfer easily, since it is mostly cooked).
- Transfer to a serving plate and cut into wedges.