Muffin Tin Baked Chicken Quinoa Taco Cups Recipe
Muffin Tin Baked Chicken Quinoa Taco Cups Recipe – the ultimate Game Time appetizer!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
These cute and mini delicious taco cups are so easy to make and will wow your guests at the next football gathering.
When we speak about football season, I’m thinking more about food.
I’m also thinking of simple and creative appetizers, that are full of wonderful flavors.
And today’s recipe is the perfect example.
Those playoffs always get me excited.
There is nothing better to do on a cold weekend, but watch the Big Game and enjoy some party food.
To be honest, coming from Europe I was not a fan of Football or College Football for a while. I did not want to watch it for the longest time.
But now, when I know what Big Game is all about, I watch it. It is exciting! I’m not gonna lie, I love Football food.
I can never have enough of these dips, bites, wings, etc.! On my recent trip to Walmart, I got some of my favorite hot sauces (I’ve talked about them here on the blog before) – El Yucateco®.
They are available at the Hispanic aisle at Walmart. I love using them to add heat to various dishes, not only as a topping. They are easy to incorporate into recipes and I’ve done it today.
El Yucateco®’s hot sauces are the #1 authentic habanero hot sauce and #1 consumer choice. It is a fun and flavorful brand, that I’ve been regularly buying for a while.
Their mini bottles are so convenient to carry in your purse, take to tailgating events, barbecues or to your favorite restaurants.
They can be used for various occasions, because of their unique flavors.
Some of my favorites are: Red Habanero Hot Sauce – Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. This is my go to “all purpose” hot sauce. It is hot! But it also contains less vinegar than other hot sauces. It is the perfect fit things like a Bloody Mary or Wings.
Green Habanero Hot Sauce – I really like this one, too! Made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings.
This is their #1 seller. It has more heat than our red habanero but also has far less vinegar then the average hot sauce. This sauce packs a fresh crisp habanero flavor that enhances the flavor of any dish when used as a condiment, works great for creamy dips and dressings. For grilling or cooking this sauce pairs great with foods like chicken, fish, and veggies.
Caribbean Habanero – his sauce is a blend of yellow habanero peppers and fresh carrots, a source high in Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene.
Its slightly sweet flavor and mild heat make it great for seafood, pork or chicken. This is my second favorite El Yucateco® hot sauce. I’ve used it in a grilling recipe i shared with you last summer.
There also are – XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik), Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce, Chipotle Hot Sauce and Jalapeño Hot Sauce. You can definitely choose the one you like best. These Muffin Tin Baked Chicken Quinoa Taco Cups are definitely a crowd pleaser.
And if the crowd loves “heat”, it is even better. Slow cooked shredded chicken, Mexican cheese, quinoa, mayo, green onions and hot sauce. Then you need to cut out circles from a flour tortilla, to make the taco cups.
Then place tortilla rounds in a muffin tin, add finning on top and bake for 10-12 minutes. I topped these Muffin Tin Baked Chicken Quinoa Taco Cups with sour cream, more El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce and line wedges.
These hot taco cups are my new favorite appetizer.
They are small, crispy, cheesy and bursting with flavor. They will make your game time unforgettable!
I used El Yucateco® Red Habanero Hot Sauce for cooking the shredded chicken and also to add heat and flavor to the filling. It worked awesome!
Feel free to connect with El Yucateco® on:
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/elyucateco/ Would you like to try El Yucateco’s hot sauces? Which one would you prefer?
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large breasts)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco® Red Habanero hot sauce
- cooking spray
- 3 8- inch flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese , divided
- 3 tbsp light mayo
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco® Red Habanero hot sauce + more for topping
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- sour cream
- Place chicken, chicken stock and hot sauce in a slow cooker. Cook for 2-3 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred using 2 forks.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from the tortillas (4 circles per tortilla).
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 2/3 cups of the cheese, quinoa, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, hot sauce and green onion. Stir to combine.
- Place tortilla circles on the bottom of the muffin tin cups, then add about 2 tbsp of the filling over the tortillas.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the tin, top with sour cream, lime wedges, chopped green onions and El Yucateco® Red Habanero hot sauce.