Strawberry Arugula Salad With Poppyseed Dressing Recipe
Strawberry Arugula Salad With Poppyseed Dressing Recipe – loaded with flavors, perfect for spring and summer, this salad is nutritious and tastes delicious. The homemade poppyseed dressing is light, gluten free and vegan.
Here it is – another salad recipe, jut for you guys!
Don’t ask me what I like more, the salad or the dressing? Strawberry arugula salad with strawberry dressing… Sounds like the perfect combination for a salad lover like me!
Every time I see a salad with berries on the menu at a restaurant, I order it. You can check out this Pear and Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe , this Blackberry Spinach Salad or my Blackened Chicken Spinach Salad all three made with berries.
This last time I was at a Greek cafe and I ordered a salad with strawberry dressing. The dressing was nice, but the salad did not have nearly enough stuff in it.
Just mixed greens, chicken and onions. Really? No nuts? No cheese?
I needed to redo it at home, my own way. This is how this Strawberry Arugula Salad With Poppyseed Dressing Recipe was created.
A salad made with peppery arugula, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grilled chicken, chopped almonds, avocado and cheese. Fair enough? Or it feels like too many ingredients? Wait until you see the dressing.
Delicious and very simple to make, this strawberry poppyseed dressing tastes amazing! Tangy, sweet and flavorful.
Could be used on many other salads as well. I doubled the recipe and have been using it in salads for a week.
I’ll be trying it on a pasta salad, hope it works.
Perfect for lunch or as a dinner salad. Could be made a day in advance, just don’t add the dressing. I used arugula and love the result, but mixed greens or spinach could be used instead.
If you are a berry lover and like salads like me, try this one, you won’t regret it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Strawberry Arugula Salad With Poppyseed Dressing Recipe - Perfect for Summer
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more if you don't like the dressing too sweet)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , chopped
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ( 6-8 oz) grilled chicken breast, see notes
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 kiwi , sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 large avocado , chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions , green part only
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- poppy seeds to sprinkle on top
- In a blender combine vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and strawberries. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve and return to the blender.
- With the blender running on high, slowly pour the oil inside. The dressing should become a little creamy. Stir in poppyseeds. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl/large plate. Pour dressing on top.
To make the grilled chicken:
1 6-8oz chicken breast
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Drizzle with oil. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes per side on a hot gas grill.