Arugula Smoked Salmon And Cucumber Salad
Arugula Smoked Salmon And Cucumber Salad – easy to make, light and fresh.
Spicy arugula, salty smoked salmon, crunchy cucumbers, capers and sun dried tomatoes combine in this summer salad. By the way, I have another salad recipe with arugula and salmon, you can check it out here.
By now, you most likely know I’m a huge fan of salads!
Salad is my typical lunch every day, so I constantly look for ways to experiment with new salad recipes. I love this Roasted Beet Salad With Goat Cheese And Pistachios and this Strawberry Arugula Salad With Poppyseed Dressing.
This arugula smoked salmon salad is inspired by a salad I often order at a local sports bar. Of course I has to change it by leaving the fresh tomatoes out and adding some flavorful sun dried tomatoes and I also added cucumbers.
The dressing was a little too creamy for me, so I had to todd my salad in a mix of lime juice, olive oil, salt and a little pepper. Topped with some toasted sesame seeds for nutty hint of flavor.
Do you like smoked salmon? I usually eat it with a bagel or make a sandwich with it. I know some people absolutely do not like it. If you are one of them, feel free to substitute with cooked salmon instead. Make sure that you add capers, because they complement the salmon very well!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 cups arugula , washed
- 2 mini cucumbers , sliced into rounds ( or 1/3 English cucumber, chopped)
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 2 small sun dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1-2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- juice from 1 lime (vinegar of your choice could be used)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place arugula in a salad bowl. Top with salmon, cucumbers, sun dried tomatoes and capers. Add sesame seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil, lime juice and add salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add more salt and pepper (olive oil and lime juice), if needed. Serve.