Pear And Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe
Pear And Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe – fresh salad with light dressing and the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors.
For the last few months, I’ve been pretty lazy cooking for myself.
I used to come up with new salad recipes every week, but this hasn’t been the cake lately!
First – I don’t always have time to make a salad. Then I often buy greens and veggies, and they end up going bad, because I don’t even have time to use them.
I’ve been making pastas, soups and crock pot meals, which for some reason I found easier to make than salads. And with these I always have leftovers, which is great!
Now when the weather has warmed up, it is time for some salads loaded with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
It has been pretty warm here, not typical for this time of the year, but we love it. Hoping the winter is over…
When we the weather is sunny here, life is just happier!
I used both fruits and veggies in this salad. The combination of mixed greens, grilled chicken, blue cheese, raspberries and pears was fantastic! And of course some bacon!
I made this salad for Valentine’s Day. You can skip the chicken and serve it as a side salad with steak of fillet, if you’d like.
I used Forelle pears in this salad, which is a small variety, not widely available at all stores. These remind me of the pear tree in my grandma’s backyard. They were so tasty! I used to cut slices and dip them into chocolate and they were the perfect dessert!
Feel free to use pears of your choice.
Hope you like this Pear And Raspberry Chicken Salad Recipe! It is so easy to make!
- 2 cups mixed greens , packed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 2 small or 1 large pear , cut into cubes
- 4 strips bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- one 6 oz chicken breast , seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl . Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and parsley.
- Hear oil in a medium skilled over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
- Cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine greens, raspberries, blue cheese, pears, bacon and chicken.
- Pour dressing on top
You May Also Like