Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Feta Cheese Recipe
Ever since I saw a similar recipe for roasted sweet potato Salad with feta cheese on Homecookingadventure, I was very excited to try something similar.
I like cooking with potatoes and I’ve made a similar potato salad with feta, using regular potatoes, so I was pretty sure that this recipe will turn out great using sweet potatoes! So I made this roasted sweet potatoes with feta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Sweet potatoes are very nutritious, all year vegetables. They are a great source of protein, also rich in vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. I enjoy making sweet potato fries as a healthy side for sandwiches or burgers, and I also have a great recipe for a flavorful sweet potato soup.
The combination of oven roasted sweet potatoes, salty feta and crunchy toasted pumpkin seeds created a light, perfect for summer elegant dish. It can be served as a meal or a side dish. Again it might look awkward to you, but feta cheese goes perfect with these sweet caramelized rich in flavor potatoes. You only need to season this salad with some salt, black pepper and fresh chopped parsley.
I peeled my potatoes and cut them into large chunks. Then evenly sprayed them with some olive oil, using my favorite Misto Sprayer. I seasoned sweet potatoes with some salt and black pepper and baked them in the oven on 350F (180C) for around 40 minutes, until tender and caramelized, but not burnt. After cooling sweet potatoes to room temperature, I transferred them to a bowl, seasoned with more salt and pepper to taste and topped with toasted pumpkin seeds and feta.
It you are looking to experiment with sweet potato recipes, you should try these Sweet Potatoes With Feta .
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper + more to taste
- 1 -2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion (optional for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes until caramelized and tender. (No need to turn potato chunks). Take out of the oven, when done and cool at room temperature.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a pan for a few minutes.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, add more salt and pepper if needed and top with pumpkin seeds and feta cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley (and green onion if desired).