This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Veggie Caprese Sandwich Recipe – made with fresh ingredients, perfect for lunch/dinner/party appetizer.
This Grilled Veggie Caprese Sandwich is made with Stella® Fresh Mozzarella and organic tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant from my local Farmer’s market it is ready in no time and tastes so delicious!
This recipe is inspired by Stella® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, that is new on the market.
I’ve been obsessed with this grilled veggie Caprese sandwiche lately.
In the summer, I usually make a Caprese salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and grilled zucchini and eggplant. My family loves the addition of charred veggies, and this also makes the salad more filling.
About a week ago, I got a log of Stella® Fresh Mozzarella for a salad and I got back home, I was so hungry, so I decided to turn one of my favorite salads into a sandwich.
All ingredients are fresh and perfect for summer. I used fresh basil from my herb garden and drizzled some reduced balsamic vinegar for extra sweetness. You can also add pesto sauce and grilled chicken, if you’d like. The grilled veggies were more than enough for me. Not to mention that I these days get hungry so quickly, so I didn’t have the patience to make grilled chicken.
This sandwich could be sliced into smaller pieces and served as a party appetizer. I’m planning to make it for 4th of July.
Stella® cheeses are flavorful and combine old world craftsmanship with rich dairy heritage, dating back to 1923. From shredded to crumbled and sharp to sweet, the wide range of Stella® cheese products will infuse your meals with a hint of romantic flavor that’s sure to wow your guests.
Stella® Fresh Mozzarella offers a clean flavor and soft, delicate texture reminiscent of the fresh mozzarella originally handmade in the Italian countryside. With its subtle flavor and creamy texture, it enhances salads, pastas and casseroles to create unforgettable dishes. Its subtle, milky flavor pairs well with crisp, acidic wines.
How exciting, there also is a $1 OFF COUPON for STELLA® FRESH MOZZARELLA.
Visit Stella® Cheese’s website for more easy and delicious recipe ideas.
GRILLED VEGGIE CAPRESE SANDWICH RECIPE
- 1 medium zucchini, , sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 small eggplant, , sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 log Stella® Fresh Mozzarella cheese, , sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, , sliced thin
- 4 sandwich buns, , I used torta buns (cut in half lengthwise)
- reduced balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle some oil over zucchini and eggplant and grill for 3-5 minutes per side, until charred.
- Optional: Grill bread, cut side down for 1 minute, to warm it up.
- To assemble the sandwich: Place 2-3 slices of eggplant on the bottom. Add 3-4 slices zucchini, 2 slices tomato and 3-4 slices Stella® Fresh mozzarella. Top with basil and drizzle with balsamic. Top with the top slice of bread.
- Cut in half and serve. Alternatively, cut into thinner slices and turn it into a party appetizer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.