Fillet Mignon Fall Salad Recipe
Fillet Mignon Fall Salad Recipe – colorful and delicious Autumn inspired salad, which makes the perfect light and nutritious lunch/dinner.
Fillet mignon over a salad? This Fillet Mignon Fall Salad tastes amazing!
It is perfect for your holiday/celebration menu. Even for Valentine’s day!?
Fall flavors and light dressing and perfectly cooked,tender and juicy meat.
I have two favorite ways to cook fillet mignon.
Grilling, which I’m going to share in a separate post and in the oven, which I used in today’s recipe.
Nothing can stop me from grilling year round. But for this cut of meat, I prefer it seared on the stove top in a cast iron skillet and then cooked in the oven. This is what makes the meat perfectly juicy.
The cooking method is extremely simple.
Anyone can make it!
Go ahead and get some good quality fillet mignon. Whet is most important when cooking the meat is timing. You don’t want to overcook it and not to serve it rare.
I’ll include the suggested times for searing and then cooking the meat in the oven depending on the size of the fillet.
The rest is – mixed greens, pomegranate seeds (a staple in my kitchen this time of the year), blue cheese, onions, chopped hazelnuts and chopped apple.
You can use any dressing of your choice for this Fillet Mignon Fall Salad.
I would say vinaigrette is best.
I made a simple dressing with olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
Fillet Mignon Fall Salad Recipe - colorful and delicious Autumn inspired salad, which makes the perfect light and nutritious lunch/dinner.
- one 6 oz fillet mignon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 apple , chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbso crumbled blue cheese
- chopped red onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1.2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients together and whisk. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Season fillet with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Cook fillet for 2 minutes per side.
- Immediately transfer pan to the oven and cook for 6 to 9 minutes, depending on the desired doneness. 7 minutes for rare, 8 medium-rare and 9 medium. Alternatively, check the temperature of the meat. Temperature may vary depending on the size of the fillet.
- Remove from the oven, transfer fillet to a plate. Cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 5-7 minutes. Slice.
- Place mixed greens in a salad bowl.
- Add pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, onions, chopped apple, blue cheese and fillet. Pour dressing on top.
Cooking times can vary. You can also check the temperature of the meat and refer to this picture for more info.
Caesar Salad With Grilled Asparagus And Quail Eggs