Bulgarian Green Salad Recipe
Bulgarian green salad recipe – light and refreshing to make with just a few simple ingredients available throughout the year.
Any plans for the weekend? I’ll try to catch up with some housework. Nothing special!
As promised today I’m sharing with you another Bulgarian recipe. It is for a very popular salad called Green Salad. Of course there are some variations of the recipe in different kinds of the country, but I’ve included my favorite way of making it.
This salad is very light and simple and it is a favorite of mine. It goes well with different kinds of main dishes, but especially meat like roasted chicken, lamb or pork.
It is often called “spring salad”, because of its lightness and freshness and because it is a staple salad for Easter celebrations.
I did not have enough salads around the holidays. I can’t even say I ate healthy during this time. That’s why now when I’m back to my regular exercise routine and life is back to normal, I try to have a salad as often as I can.
Have a nice weekend!
- 1 large head of lettuce , washed, drained and cut into thin strips
- 6-7 medium radishes , cut in half and then sliced thin
- 1 medium cucumber , sliced thin (or 3-4 mini cucumbers, sliced)
- 3-4 scallions , chopped (you can use green part only, but I use the whole ones)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil (the original recipe used sunflower oil)
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs , sliced
- Place chopped lettuce in a bowl.
- Add radishes, cucumber and scallions. Add vinegar and oil, mix to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Add hard boiled eggs on top and serve.