Blackened Chicken Spinach Salad
Blackened Chicken Spinach Salad – light, nutritious and delicious, this salad is easy to make and great for lunch/dinner.
This blackened chicken spinach salad is made with spinach, juicy blackened grilled chicken, onions, blueberries and topped with Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds and light honey Dijon dressing.
You might already know that I love salads! They are super simple and quick to make and you can use your favorite seasonal ingredients. I’ll make a salad for lunch every day during the week, unless I go out to have lunch with friends.
I already posted a blackberry and strawberry salad on the blog this summer. And what a surprise ? Today’s salad is made with fresh blueberries! They were the perfect addition to this spinach salad.
I haven’t been cooking with spinach lately.
But I recently found out that I have iron deficiency and I decided to incorporate it into some fresh salads like this blackened chicken spinach salad.
Greens and protein + some berries and nuts, seems to be the perfect combination for a healthier salad for me.
I’ve been in love with Blue Diamond’s Whole Natural Almonds! They aren’t roasted and have no flavor, but they are great quality and taste perfect! While I love them for a snack, I add them to salads for some extra crunch. You can use them for granola bars and trail mixes, too. I did need to hide them from my husband, when I saw a container of these nuts disappear in a few hours!
Blackened Chicken Spinach Salad - a nutritious salad, great for summer.
- 2 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond All Natural Almonds
- 1/3 lb cooked asparagus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- In a small bowl combine all spices for the seasoning. Rub chicken breasts on all sides. Drizzle with oil.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat. Clean grates.
- Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, until the temperature of the meat reaches 165F. Remove from the grill and let it rest for 3-4 minutes, then slice.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small jar, close the lid and shake.
- Place spinach on a platter. Add blueberries, onions, asparagus, feta and chicken. Add almonds. Pour dressing on top and serve.
This is a nutritious salad, that makes 4 small servings, or 2 more generous servings.
More Salads With Spinach