Easy Tomato Salad Recipe
Easy Tomato Salad Recipe – the best summer tomato salad recipe. Made with a few simple ingredients – tomatoes, onions, feta, salt, olive oil and vinegar (optional).
What tomatoes to use for a tomato salad ?
You can basically use any kind of tomatoes in a salad. The better the quality of the tomatoes, the more delicious your salad will be.
We know that certain tomato varieties work best when used in sauces and others are best when eaten raw.
Beefsteak, cherry and tomatoes on the cine work great when used in salads, because of their flavor and high water content. Heirloom tomatoes make great salads, too.
Cherry tomatoes to me have the most favor and you can use them in both salads with greens or in tomato salad like this one.
How to make this easy tomato salad recipe?
- Cut tomatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Slice onions into thin half moons.
- Place tomatoes and onions in a bowl.
- Season with salt, olive oil and vinegar.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
What goes well with tomato salad?
When I have fresh tomatoes from the garden, mid and late summer, I can have this tomato feta salad on its own, with a piece of crusty bread.
Tomato salad goes well with grilled meat, like chicken and pork, fish and even vegetables.
Can you make a tomato salad in advance?
You can make the salad up to 1 day in advance and keep refrigerated. The tomatoes will get softer, but absorb the flavors from the dressing better.
More tomato recipes:
- Red pepper and tomato spread
- Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze
- Shopska salad recipe (tomato cucumber salad)
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes from The Endless Meal – these can make an addictive snack, delicious appetizer, or versatile side dish.
Tomato salad recipe
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion — 1/4 cup sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt or less to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar — optional
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cut tomatoes into bite sized pieces.
Slice onions into thin half moons.
Place tomatoes and onions in a bowl.
Season with salt, olive oil and vinegar.
Top with crumbled feta cheese.
This is such a wonderful simple tomato recipe. Doesn’t feta taste good with everything? Especially tomatoes? I have tomato plants in my backyard; they’ve now started to bear. When they’re ripe I’ll definitely be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. xo Ros
I love tomatoes