Tomato Cucumber And Spinach Salad With Avocado Parsley Dressing
Simple, light and nutritious – Tomato Cucumber And Spinach Salad With Avocado Parsley Dressing
Hi guys! Happy Friday!
Today I’m taking a break from all things fall and sharing with you one of my newest favorite salads.
A lot of people seem to like the combination of avocado and cilantro in a salad dressing. Including me!
But I prefer my ordinary tomato-cucumber salad with parsley.
So I had to experiment and try a creamy green dressing with avocado and parsley. The result was surprisingly good! A very light, creamy and flavorful addition to this boring at first sight salad.
Make it for lunch, dinner or a party. I just can’t live without fresh salads! And I make a tomato cucumber salad almost every day. But this time I was craving something light. Something different.
The avocado dressing was the perfect addition. They contain a large variety of nutrients, fiber, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. I try to always have avocados in the fridge for my every day salads and now dressings.
I did not use any yogurt in the dressing so both the salad and dressing are vegan.
Hope you get to try it.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the dressing:
- 1 large avocado peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1-2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- For the salad:
- 2 cups baby spinach washed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I used Campari tomatoes)
- 8 mini cucumbers sliced
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Place spinach, tomatoes and cucumbers in a bowl.
- Add avocado, lemon juice, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to a blender. Pulse a few times. Slowly add water and pulse to thin the dressing. Pour over the salad. Store dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.