Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad With Balsamic Dressing
Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad With Balsamic Dressing – loaded with flavors and gluten free, this salad is perfect for a summer barbecue.
Happy Monday guys!
How was your weekend? Mine was pretty nice! It is hot around here, but it is summer! I’ve been slowly cleaning the house this weekend and getting rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff! It feels good! I also did some cooking and testing new recipes, which I’m going to share with you soon.
I enjoy grilling fresh veggies all summer long. With 4th of July around the corner, I’m excited to try new grilling recipes. Like this Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad With Balsamic Dressing.
Grilling veggies is so easy , requires minimal effort and brings out amazing flavors.
I grilled some eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes.
You can use these veggies in salads, pizza, pasta or as a side dish for your favorite dinner. Or you can add quinoa, pour some balsamic dressing and enjoy this gorgeous salad. Perfect for picnics, barbecues and parties.
I’ve shared a grilled vegetable salad with you before. This one is a little different, because I added some rainbow quinoa and new vegetables to the old recipe. The result was delicious!
The dressing – slightly sweet from the balsamic vinegar, with fresh taste from the parsley and dill, it is the perfect addition to this simple salad.
Do you guys have any plans for the holiday? It is a little weird because it falls on a Monday, but we can still celebrate, right? We are staying in town since we are going to a birthday party on Sunday. And I’d also like to have some rest, so no traveling for me!
Hope you like the recipe!
GRILLED VEGETABLE QUINOA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 2 medium zucchini — , sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 medium eggplant — , sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 4 oz white mushrooms
- 12 mini peppers — (or 2 medium bell peppers)
- 2 tomatoes — , sliced
- cooking spray
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 small garlic cloves — , pressed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray vegetables with cooking spray.
- Grill zucchini and eggplant for 5 minutes per side, until charred on both sides. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Grill tomatoes for 3 minutes per side (I used a grill skillet for mushrooms and tomatoes).
- Grill mushrooms for 4-5 minutes.
- Grill peppers for 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to a bowl and cover with foil for 10-15 minutes. Peel peppers.
- In a bowl, place cooked quinoa on the bottom. Add vegetables over quinoa. Pour dressing on top and stir to combine. Add more salt if needed.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 442, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 605mg, Potassium: 1120mg, Carbohydrates: 38g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 8g, Vitamin A: 74.3%, Vitamin C: 172.4%, Calcium: 5.9%, Iron: 16.9%