This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
Turmeric Chicken And Rice – a quick and effortless, nutritious and delicious dish. Great for lunch or dinner, ready in 20 minutes and loaded with amazing flavors.
Life is al about making choices. We make them every day. From simple things like choosing what to cook for dinner to some more serious stuff. Today I’d like to talk to you about making healthier choices with some very exciting products I recently found – The Village Harvest Origins Collection Varieties. They are a life saver! Quick and easy to prepare either in the microwave or on the stove top.
Add your favorite veggies or meat and you have an amazing meal in no time.
Village Harvest’s Origins Collection features authentic recipes from India and Thailand, uncovered in the kitchens of home cooks and perfected on your dinner table. They are Organic & Non-GMO, 100% Whole Grain, Gluten Free.
Check out the Village Harvest E-Commerce shop for more information and if you’d like to purchase any of their products.
Click the image below to shop their products.
Ignite your appetite and discover the tasty side of dinner with Village Harvest Origins, the best simple meal solution you can bring to life in 90 seconds.
The flavors are:
- Basmati & Lentil – India
- Lemon Rice – India
- Tikka Masala – India
- Coconut Turmeric – Thailand
- Thai Green Curry – Thailand
I used the Coconut Turmeric – Thailand rice variety.
The flavors are unique and I love them!
In today’s recipe I decided to add chicken thighs, that I seasoned with some cumin and turmeric and grilled on the stove top. They pair very well with the turmeric rice.
I also added some grilled zucchini and chopped tomatoes to make this Turmeric Chicken And Rice dish look more like a fancy grain bowl. This way you have your flavorful grains (from the Village Harvest Origins Collection Turmeric Rice), juicy protein (boneless, skinless chicken thighs), and veggies.
I can definitely eat meals like this every day!
This Turmeric Chicken And Rice is the perfect meal for busy families (picturing mine), college students or an addition to your lunch box. It cooks fast and tastes delicious. Definitely a restaurant quality healthier meal.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Turmeric Chicken And Rice
- 1 pack Village Harvest Origins Lemon Rice With Turmeric
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 2 1/2 to 3 oz each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- lemon for serving
- Cook the Lemon Rice With Turmeric following the directions on the package.
- Season chicken thighs with the seasoning. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken thighs. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden and thermometer inserted reads 165F. Transfer to a plate and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a rimmed skillet. Add the zucchini rounds and cook for 2-3 minutes per side on medium-high heat, until golden.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice between 4 bowls. Add a chicken thigh to each one. Divide the grilled zucchini, top with chopped tomatoes and add a lemon slice. Season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.