I’ve made potato soup many times and each time I try to change the recipe a little. Today I am sharing a simple recipe for cream of potato soup with bacon. All ingredients are easy to find and it doesn’t take a very long time to make it.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 small chopped onion
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chives — (or fresh garlic)
- 5 pieces bacon
- Peel potatoes and cut into medium pieces. Boil them in salted water over medium to high heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook bacon and set to drain on a plate covered with paper towel. Reserve 2 tbsp bacon fat.
- In a pot cook onion in bacon fat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked potatoes, water, milk and chicken stock. Add black pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until very small chunks of potato remain.
- Pour in a large bowl or pot and season with salt.
- Serve with crumbled bacon and chopped chives (or fresh garlic) on top. You can also add cheese.
- Serve warm.