Gulf Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad
Gulf Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad – this very easy to make this salad is packed with wonderful flavors. Crisp lettuce and creamy homemade blue cheese salad dressing, topped with Sizzlefish’s tender, great tasting US-gulf shrimp.
Thanks to Sizzlefish for the opportunity to taste their Gulf Shrimp! To read my review on their products, you can click here.
I feel like can never have enough salad recipes and I make a salad almost every day. Simple ones, nothing fancy! But when the weekend comes, I’m ready for a “restaurant style” salad like this one.
I apologize for the salad recipe overload lately. But that’s pretty much, what we have been eating. Summer is towards its end and I’m starting to cook more simple dinners, some of which I’ll be sharing with you.
Wedge salads are so easy! All you need to do is find some fresh crisp iceberg lettuce, crunchy bacon, tomatoes and blue cheese. I decided to add some shrimp, seasoned with chili powder, salt and pepper and of course my favorite homemade blue cheese salad dressing.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I was very happy to get a sample of Sizzlefish’s seafood. I’m impressed with the quality of their products. But my favorite item so far is their wild caught US-gulf shrimp. It is all natural and tastes like real shrimp. Eating this salad, with that awesome shrimp on top, reminded me of many vacations on the Gulf, we’ve been to.
This salad will make a nice side salad, side dish or it can also be served as party food. Ready in just 30 minutes, you blue cheese lovers out there need to try it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 8 gulf shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cut into wedges
- 6 strips bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1 large tomato , diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, do not over cook or let it turn brown.
- In a bowl, mash the blue cheese with sour cream until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Store in the fridge.
- To assemble the salad:
- Place lettuce wedges on a platter. Arrange chopped tomatoes, bacon and shrimp on top. Add dressing and sprinkle parsley.