Gulf Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad
Gulf Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad – this very easy to make this salad is packed with wonderful flavors. Crisp lettuce and creamy homemade blue cheese salad dressing, topped with tender, great tasting US-gulf shrimp. Low-carb and Keto Friendly.
I used to feel like can never have enough salad recipes and I make a salad almost every day. But I’ve been craving this particular Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad Lately.
Original recipe was posted in 2015 and I recently updated the photos.
Simple ones, nothing fancy! I’m ready for a “restaurant style” salad like this one.
I haven’t been sharing a lot of salads lately. The truth is that with low-carb eating, there are so many things I can have, so I don’t crave any salads. Also I have to be careful with salads, because they can easily turn into a high calorie and high sugar treat.
Wedge salads are so easy!
All you need to do is find some fresh crisp iceberg lettuce, crunchy bacon, tomatoes and blue cheese. I decided to add some shrimp, seasoned with chili powder, salt and pepper and of course my favorite homemade blue cheese salad dressing.
This Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad will make a nice side salad, side dish or it can also be served as party food. Ready in just 30 minutes, you blue cheese lovers out there need to try it!
- 8 gulf shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cut into wedges
- 4 strips bacon , cooked and chopped
- 1 large tomato , diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, do not over cook or let it turn brown.
- In a bowl, mash the blue cheese with sour cream until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Store in the fridge.
- To assemble the salad:
- Place lettuce wedges on a platter. Arrange chopped tomatoes, bacon and shrimp on top. Add dressing and sprinkle parsley.