Sriracha Almond Crusted Shrimp Salad
Sriracha Almond Crusted Shrimp Salad- crispy and flavorful Sriracha almond crusted shrimp on top of a fresh and nutritious green salad. This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
Hi guys, happy Friday!
I’m very excited to be sharing today’s post and recipe with you, because – there is Sriracha involved.
I recently had the opportunity to try a new product from Blue Diamond Almonds – their bold Sriracha flavored almonds. And I had no doubts I’m going to like it. If you haven’t noticed, I love Sriracha and have posted quite a few recipes with the use of it.
These almonds taste amazing! Love the bold, hot and deep Sriracha flavor. Perfectly roasted and salted. If you like spicy snacks, these are perfect for you. Beer lovers – you’ve got your new snack. Serving size is 28 almonds with 15 grams of fat,
A day after getting these almonds, I quickly realized I must try a recipe with them, because one of the containers was almost gone. I love snacking, so does my husband, so I had to reserve the second container for my recipe.
I decided to make Sriracha Almond Crusted Shrimp Salad, which took minimal time to prepare and tasted great!
I also made a salad to go with it, but if you are not a salad fan, like we are, feel free to enjoy the shrimp on its own. It makes the perfect party appetizer. Make sure you serve it with a nice drink.
I adapted a recipe from Blue Diamond’s website. For the salad, I used lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and some left over grilled asparagus. I made a simple Sriracha lime dressing, too! The flavor balance was amazing! Crunchy shrimp, asparagus, sweet tomatoes and creamy avocado. I’m sure the Sriracha lime dressing would be great on a lot of other salads, so I’ll make it again.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 8-10 large shrimp , thawed and deveined
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Bold Sriracha Almonds
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , cut in half (or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped)
- 10 cooked asparagus
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp chopped Sriracha almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grind almonds in a food processor (blender), until there are no large pieces left.
- In a shallow bowl combine ground almonds, flour, salt, pepper and parsley.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg white.
- Dip shrimp in egg white, then dip in the almond mixture. Make sure it is evenly coated. Line on a parchment paper lined sheet or plate.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until pink and golden. Place on a paper towel lined plate to cool a little. Serve (or top the salad with it).
- In a deep salad bowl place chopped lettuce, then the asparagus, tomatoes and avocado. Add shrimp, then sprinkle some scallions and chopped almonds (optional). Pour dressing.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Almond crusted shrimp recipe adapted from Blue Diamond.
You can serve shrimp on the side, if you'd like to.
More Asparagus Recipes:
More Shrimp Recipes: