Shrimp Fried Quinoa
Shrimp Fried Quinoa – if you like fried rice and seafood, why not try this easy recipe with quinoa?
Loaded with veggies and shrimp, this makes a great side dish or light meal. It is also loaded with protein and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
I’ve shared a recipe for quinoa fried rice before and many of you seemed to like it. Today I’m back with another interpretation of fried rice.
Well I decided to change this dish a little and add some shrimp and other veggies like mushrooms and bok choy.
Another reason for this recipe? I haven’t cooked quinoa in about a week, so it was time. Every time I’m looking for a new recipe, I like to look for one in this book: 500 Best Quinoa Recipes. Some of the recipes in it are widely known, but I at leas get some inspiration, which I’m missing at times.
For the stir fry sauce in the recipe – I made my own, but I always have these ingredients in my pantry, because I love to experiment with Asian recipes. If you’d like, just get a stir fry sauce fro the store, which contains most of the ingredients listed and use as much as needed.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or more if needed
- 12 (375 gr) oz medium shrimp
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium bok choy , sliced (both green and white part)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2-3 cups coked quinoa , chilled for at least a few hours
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and honey, set a side.
- Heat a wok (or skillet) or saute pan over high heat. Add ½ Tbsp vegetable oil. Add in eggs, let them cook for 30 seconds, then scramble. Transfer to a clean plate. (Wipe wok /skillet if needed).
- Return wok to the heat. Add 1/2 tbsp oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until just pink. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to wok(skillet) and add mushrooms, carrots, peas and book choy. Cook stirring for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add in quinoa, scrambled eggs, shrimp, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently. Quinoa should be warm and all vegetables cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Either a skillet or wok can be used.
More Quinoa Recipes: