Buffalo Chicken And Blue Cheese Salad
This post is sponsored by Castello Cheese. I’m partnering with Castelo for a summer of blue. All opinions are mine alone. #BluesdayTuesday
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I just can’t be happier with the warm weather around here! Summer is my favorite season!
And to me, summer is all about light and easy meals. That’s why when Castello sent me some of their Traditional Danish Blue Cheese, I knew exactly what I was going to make.
Don’t get me wrong, I love to use my gas grill. And this creamy blue cheese would be perfect on top of a juicy burger!
But I love my salads. They are the perfect addition to any meal or summer gathering. That’s how this buffalo chicken and blue cheese salad came up.
Juicy chicken bites, tossed in hot buffalo sauce, creamy and flavorful blue cheese, crunchy cucumbers, tomatoes and onions, this salad is just perfect for summer!
There is something unique about combining blue cheese and buffalo sauce. I made a white balsamic vinaigrette for the ultimate balance of flavors. Of course creamy blue cheese dressing would work great on it.
I like blue cheese and use it in a lot of salads in the summertime. And Castello is one of my favorite brands so far!
Castello Blue Cheeses are epicurean delights. The tangy characteristics are balanced with sweet and salty flavors and are ideal to top a grilled burger or add to a buffalo chicken salad. From crumbled, soft to spreadable, to a sliced blue cheese, perfect for melting with floral notes, Castello has a wide range of unique blue cheeses. Check out Castello’s website for more information on their cheeses.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for a Buffalo Chicken And Blue Cheese Salad With White Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 (6-8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp buffalo hot sauce
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 mini cucumbers , sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups grape tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 medium purple onion , chopped
- 1 (4.4 oz) pack Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese, crumbled or sliced
- In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together until blended. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Cut chicken breast into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, making sure there is some space in between each one. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink, the outside turns golden and thermometer registers 165 F. Transfer chicken to a plate, lined with paper towel.
- Wipe grease off the pan and melt butter. Add hot sauce and stir to combine. Toss chicken in the prepared sauce.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, blue cheese and buffalo chicken bites. Pour dressing on top and toss to combine. Enjoy!