Grilled Country-Style Pork Shoulder Ribs With Blueberry Peach Salsa Recipe
Grilled Country-Style Pork Shoulder Ribs With Blueberry Peach Salsa Recipe – juicy and flavorful pork served with sweet summer salsa.
I know people, who like pork will be happy with this post.
But I know some of you don’t like this particular meat.
Feel free to browse my recipes for some simple and delicious chicken, beef and seafood grilling ideas.
What really are country-style pork shoulder ribs?
These aren’t actually ribs and they are boneless.
I’ve mentioned before, pork is a popular meat in Bulgaria.
This is where I have some of my pork recipes from.
Since living in the States, I don’t cook pork very often.
But I enjoy making pork chops, stews or kebabs from time to time.
The pork shoulder ribs are so versatile and can be used in various recipes.
The meat is juicy and tender, if properly cooked, due to the amount of fat that they contain.
They worked great for grilled pork kebabs, I might share the recipe with you in the future.
You can read more about country-style pork shoulder ribs here.
When I saw some country-style pork shoulder ribs at the store, I was excited to give them a try.
My grandmother used to slowly roast them in the oven (in a baking dish covered with foil).
You can use different techniques to cook these – slow cooking over low heat or grilling over high heat.
Since it is grilling season and I’ve been cooking dinner on the grill almost every day, I know I had to grill these babies.
I rubbed them in a simple sweet and spicy rub and let them season in it for 1 hour.
Then I grilled the ribs over medium heat for a while, until fully cooked.
You guys know, you can make salsa with pretty much any fruit.
Blueberries and peach isn’t only a great combination for desserts, but it was the perfect topping for these grilled country-style pork shoulder ribs.
Charred and flavorful meat, topped with delicious fresh fruit salsa.
GRILLED PORK SHOULDER RIBS WITH BLUEBERRY PEACH SALSA
FOR THE BLUEBERRY PEACH SALSA:
- 1 large ripe peach — , cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 medium red onion — , diced
- 1/2 jalapeno — , finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE GRILLED PORK SHOULDER RIBS:
- 2 pounds boneless Country-Style pork shoulder ribs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 tsp dried parsley
FOR THE BLUEBERRY PEACH SALSA:
- Combine all ingredients for the salsa in a bowl. Mix to combine. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
FOR THE GRILLED COUNTRY-STYLE PORK SHOULDER RIBS (FOR 2 POUNDS OF MEAT):
- Mix all ingredients for the rub in a bowl. Rub gently into the meat, making sure all sides are covered.
- Place in a zip lock bag and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days. Preheat a gas grill to medium heat (400 F). Clean grates.
- Grill pork shoulder ribs for 5-6 minutes per side on the thicker side. Then flip to the thinner side and cook for additional 4-5 minutes on both thinner sides.
- Cook for a few minutes more, if necessary. A thermometer inserted should read 150 F. Transfer to a plate and let ribs rest for 5 minutes. Serve with blueberry peach salsa.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 281, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 92mg, Sodium: 130mg, Potassium: 624mg, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 28g, Vitamin A: 11.2%, Vitamin C: 17.7%, Calcium: 3.4%, Iron: 13.2%