Tender Pork Kabobs Recipe
Tender Pork Kabobs Recipe – marinated with wine or beer and grilled to perfection. Perfect for a summer barbecue.
Hey Guys! Happy Monday! Can you believe Memorial Day Weekend is just a few days away!
This means (hopefully) nice weather, fun and good food.
Can’t wait to fire up the grill and make some pork kabobs!
People around me seem to be obsessed with kabobs/kebabs. So am I.
When it comes to grilling, these are one of my favorite things to prepare.
I’ll be honest, not everyone eats the veggies on the skewer, but I do.
I sometimes don’t even bother to add them and just put meat on it, but for the purpose of the pictures, I did today.
I grew up eating pork pretty often.
I know it isn’t some people’s favorite meat, but I used to love it. Now, I don’t cook it very often.
Maybe like once every 2 months.
But I like to marinate it for kabobs.
This is my go-to recipe for a pork meat marinade and I love how tender and flavorful these turn every time.
The interesting thing is that I’ve tried making the marinade with either white wine (I know pork is red meat and goes well with red wine, but not in this recipe) or beer.
The flavor is slightly different, but both produce tender pieces of meat.
Feel free to try either way. The other ingredients in the recipe are the same, you just switch the wine with beer.
If you are looking for a new recipe for grilling season, you might want to try these.
TENDER PORK KABOBS RECIPE
- 1 pound pork — (can use tenderloin, shoulder or sirloin), cut into 1-inch cubes
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white wine or beer — (not dark beer)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot or 1/2 yellow onion — , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 8 wooden skewers — , soaked in water for 30 minutes (alternatively use metal skewers)
- 1 yellow pepper — , cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large onion — , cut into cubes
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade. Add pork. Stir to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to skewer the meat, preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer meat, pepper and onion onto skewers.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on both sides, flipping once, until meat is cooked and veggies are charred.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 602, Fat: 51g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 81mg, Sodium: 652mg, Potassium: 514mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 20g, Vitamin A: 505%, Vitamin C: 60.6%, Calcium: 37%, Iron: 2.1%
More Grilling Recipes