This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe – juicy, healthy, flavorful and quick to make. Low calorie and low fat, baked to perfection in the oven.
Confession time – I’m not the biggest fan of ground turkey… But this Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe is different!
I mean I rarely even buy turkey. I only have it around the holidays. I don’t het sliced turkey lunch meat… But the best part about this Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe is that these patties could be made with ground chicken. The result – still juicy, but with chicken flavor, instead of turkey. Feel free to use ground chicken breast instead.
The reason why I got ground turkey is because I was experimenting with some baby food recipes a few months back. My son seems to love turkey and meat in general.
Now when I think of turkey, I only have one turkey recipe on the blog and it is this Juicy Dry Brined Turkey.
What to cook with ground turkey?
Having left over organic ground turkey breast and zucchini (always) in the fridge, I knew what I was going to make. Zucchini burgers it is.
The best part – as most of my recent recipes, these Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers are kid friendly.
They actually are a great way to make everyone at home eat their veggies. Perfect for parties, too.
The addition of zucchini lowers the calories, but does not sacrifice taste and flavor.
Interested in meal prep?
These will make a great addition to your lunch box. They reheat beautifully.
How to make these turkey zucchini burgers?
Burgers made with leaner meats like chicken or turkey breast can easily dry out and overcook, but the use of grated zucchini and soaked bread in these, makes the recipe foolproof.
Just mix all your ingredients in a bowl, reheat your oven, form the burgers and bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 F.
Serve the patties with your favorite sauce like ranch, ketchup or marinara. Or you can also build a burger with your favorite toppings and buns.
Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey breast, or ground chicken breast
- 1 zucchini, medium
- 1 egg, large
- 1 onion, small
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sumac, optional
- 1 slice white bread , soaked in cold water
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt. Let them stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the water from the zucchini.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (zucchini liquid needs to be squeezed out and drained). Stir to combine. The mixture is slightly sticky, but if it appears too runny, you can add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Wet your hands and form patties, about 1/3 cup each. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake burgers util fully cooked, for 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to dry them out.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, a salad, or build a burger.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
You May Also Like: