One Pan Chicken And Brown Rice With Vegetables
One Pan Chicken And Brown Rice With Vegetables – simple and effortless meal, made on the stove top in just one pan. Loaded with flavor.
Happy Friday Guys!
How was your week?
My plan was to share this recipe on Wednesday, right after I made it the day before, but I had a little accident 🙂
Did I mention how done I am with winter??? Even though this winter has not been terrible, I can’t wait for the weather to warm up. And this is not gonna happen for another 2 months!
On Tuesday I slipped on some black ice in front of the house and fell! I guess I need to have my coffee, before going out and watch my step! Now my whole left side hurts and I haven’t done much for the last 2 days.
I’m so glad I feel better today!
Now about this simple dish – One Pan Chicken And Brown Rice With Vegetables, made with chicken breast, brown rice, mushrooms and peas in just one pan. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, because it only takes 15 minutes to make.
You can use chicken thighs instead, but I’ve been into chicken breast lately. And brown rice. I’ve been swapping brown rice and whole wheat pasta for their white alternatives in recipes for the last few months and I’m happy with the results.
Here is how I cooked this dish in one skillet:
I first cooked the seasoned chicken in the skillet for 3-4 minutes per side, until almost fully cooked.
Then I transferred it to a plate, to make room in the skillet for the rice.
Then I cooked the rice, shallot and mushrooms similar to how I cook rice pilaf.
I then added the peas and chicken to the pan and cooked covered for 4-5 more minutes.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I’ll try to catch up with work and cleaning this weekend!
- 2 (6-8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, each one cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 shallot , chopped (can substitute with red or yellow onion)
- 1 garlic clove , pressed
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (of your choice)
- 1 cup fast cooking brown rice (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste to season the rice
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- parsley for garnishing
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and dried parsley.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink and almost cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 more tbsp vegetable oil to the pan and add shallot, mushrooms and garlic. cook for 3-4 minutes, until half of the liquid released from the mushrooms, has evaporated.
- Add rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, until most of the liquid had been absorbed.
- Stir in peas. Add chicken. Cover and cook for 4-5 more minutes on medium-low, making sure the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve warm.
More One Pan Meals