Mozzarella Cantaloupe And Prosciutto Appetizer
Mozzarella Cantaloupe And Prosciutto Appetizer – delicious mini bites, perfect for spring and summer. Great for a party appetizer or a snack. Only 3 ingredients.
This Mozzarella Cantaloupe And Prosciutto Appetizer is very easy to make and looks like you’ve put a lot of effort to prepare it..
I can’t even call today’s post a recipe… Because it is so simple! You can choose the size of these bites, you can use small mozzarella balls like “Ciliengine”, if you’d like or cut out rectangles like I did. Just make them the way you like.
You can totally skip the mozzarella if you are not a fan.
I love the combination of sweet and juicy cantaloupe, soft and creamy mozzarella and salty and flavorful prosciutto.
This Mozzarella Cantaloupe And Prosciutto Appetizer is a great for a summer barbecue or a pool party.
All you need is 3 ingredients and 15 minutes to make.
I took the time to cut cantaloupe and mozzarella squares about 1.5 x 1.5 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick, but they do not need to be perfect. Then I stacked together one piece of mozzarella and one cantaloupe and wrapped thin strips of prosciutto around them and added appetizer picks.
These are so good. They taste best if consumed right away.
I know a cantaloupe and prosciutto is a popular combination and you may have already tried the recipe. All I wanted is to share the idea with you. Hope you like it.
I’ve already shared this Spinach Prosciutto And Honeydew Salad, where honeydew melon, could easily be substituted with cantaloupe.
I’ll be making these for a party this weekend.
I’m glad the weather is finally hot and can’t wait to enjoy summer and grilling season.
CANTALOUPE AND PROSCIUTTO
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 small cantaloupe — (you may nor use the whole one)
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella — (you will have some left over, if you decide to cut square pieces like I did)
- basil leaves — (optional), I did not have any
- appetizer picks
- Cut cantaloupe into 1.5 -2 inch squares, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut mozzarella into squares of the same size.
- Put one piece cantaloupe and one mozzarella together.
- Wrap a thin strip of prosciutto around the cantaloupe and mozzarella and secure with an appetizer picks.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 136, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 245mg, Potassium: 132mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 7g, Vitamin A: 1360%, Vitamin C: 12.6%, Calcium: 146%, Iron: 0.2%
More Appetizer Recipes You May Like: