Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip With Hummus
This Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip is very easy to put together, makes a light and impressive party appetizer.
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for mediterranean seven layer dip, which I made for a ladies night with my girlfriends. This dip is inspired by one of my all time favorite lads : Mediterranean Salad With Spicy Roasted Chickpeas.
You can definitely tell I’m on a Mediterranean recipe kick lately. That’s because as much as I like grilling in the summer, I also like to make simple appetizers like this one, which require minimal effort. Grab some pita bread (chips or even regular bread) and this will make a light meal.
I’ve noticed that most of the Greek/Mediterranean dip recipes include a layer of Greek yogurt, but I never make it like that. To me just a layer of hummus (like this Roasted Garlic and Lemon one) is just enough. Then I added a layer of roasted red peppers, cucumbers, kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, tomatoes and chopped red onions and dill (red onions and dill=one layer!). You can leave the dill out of switch it with chopped parsley.
You can definitely make the dip a few hours or a day in advance, but keep in mind that vegetables could get a little watery.
- 8-12 ounces hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 3 large roasted red peppers , chopped
- 1 large English cucumber , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , cut in half
- 1/2 medium red onion , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- pita bread (or any bread), pita chips
- In a 8x8 inch Pyrex dish spread a layer of hummus.
- Top with layer of roasted red peppers, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. Add tomatoes and top with onions and dill.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
More Mediterranean Recipes: