This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Cavit Wines. All opinions are mine alone.
Thanks for supporting the brands that make Cooking LSL possible!
Easy Roasted Rack Of Lamb Recipe – perfectly cooked, seasoned with thyme, garlic and chili powder, this oven roasted rack of lamb is so delicious!
Simple flavors, it requires searing on the stove top and then roasting in the oven.
Makes an impressive appetizer/meal.
Perfect for the holidays!
Rack of lamb? I thought that since holiday season has begun, the time is just perfect to share today’s recipe with you.
Lamb is one of my favorite kinds of meat to eat.
I’ll be honest – I rarely cook it. Maybe around Easter, when we make lamb shoulder or leg of lamb.
Rack of lamb is a lot easer to cook and takes just 30-40 minutes.
Juicy and tender with the perfect amount of seasoning.
In my opinion, with a good cut of lamb, sometimes just salt and pepper are enough for a seasoning.
But I also like to add minced garlic, thyme (fresh or dried) and chili powder.
Let the meat sit in the fridge with the seasoning for 30 minutes, then sear on all sides and finish cooking in the oven at 350 F (180 C) until the desired doneness is reached.
I personally prefer it on the medium-well side, but I recently tried it medium – medium-rare and it was a lot more juicier and full of flavor.
This dish is requires some good wine to go with.
And I got the perfect one – Cavit Select Red Blend Wine.
With its rich and bold flavors with an Italian twist, this wine is perfect for the holidays.
It pairs well with red meats, various cheese appetizers and some kinds of seafood.
Cavity wines are also imported from Italy and have interesting history.
Founded in 1957, Cavit has earned an international reputation as an innovative leader in Trentino winemaking.
Today it is responsible for approximately 70% of this northern Italian province’s entire wine production.
The company is based on a partnership between 5,000 member growers, organized into 14 associated cellars located throughout Trentino in zones noted for the quality of their production.
Grapes are crushed and vinified at each cellar and after selection sent to Cavit’s central winery near Trento for finishing, bottling and aging.
Learn more about them and check out their wine selection here.
EASY ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE
- one 1 1/2 -2 lb lamb rib rack with 7-8 ribs
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme, (dried could be substituted)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste, (1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp oil, (light olive oil, vegetable or avocado oil)
- Rinse meat under cold water and dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder and thyme.
- Rub meat with seasoning.
- In a another bowl combine 1 tbsp oil and minced garlic. Rub this mixture onto the meat make sure it is evenly coated with oil.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, (optional but recommended).
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add rack of lamb and cook for 4 minutes per side, (8 minutes total), until the outside is browned.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check the meat's temperature, inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, diagonally (it needs to be 135 F/57C for medium rare). The temperature most likely will not be reached at this point. Cover the skillet with foil and roast for 10 more minutes. Check the temperature again and cook for extra time, covered, if you need to reach the desired doneness.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cover again with foil and let the meat rest for 5 -10 more minutes.
- Cut chops between bones and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.