Mediterranean Phyllo Cups
Mediterranean Phyllo Cups – bite sized appetizer, extremely quick and easy to make with a few store bought ingredients. Cute, delicious and perfect for a party.
These Mediterranean Phyllo Cups require just 15 minutes to make and make the perfect appetizer or a snack.
I love the combination of flavors in these and you may already know this. There are quite a few recipes on my blog, where I use a combination of ingredients like roasted red peppers, hummus (or chickpeas), tomatoes, cucumbers and of course feta.
These are staples in my fridge/pantry. I use them pretty much every day. This is why these mini cups are right up my alley. This Mediterranean Salad With Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and this Mediterranean Pizza are the perfect example.
Did I mention black olives and green onions? They are the perfect addition to this Mediterranean combination of flavors.
For today’s recipe I used store bought pre-baked phyllo cups like these.
There are 12 in a box. Since this Mediterranean Phyllo Cups appetizer is cold, you don’t really need to pre bake the mini phyllo shells. All you need to do is defrost them in the fridge and take them out of the fridge and keep at room temperature for 15 minutes, while you are chopping the rest of the ingredients.
Do you know that you can even make the mini phyllo cups yourself?
All you need is some phyllo dough, butter and a mini muffin tin. While I used store bought phyllo shells this time, I have a post where I’ll show you exactly how to make phyllo cups yourself. And it is actually cheaper to do so, but it requires 30 minutes of making and cups baking, which I don’t always have.
Feel free to use your favorite flavor of hummus. It could be store bought or homemade. I have a recipe for a delicious Roasted Garlic Hummus, which is my favorite.
These Mediterranean Phyllo Cups are festive and could be enjoyed year round.
New Year’s Eve, Easter or Birthday Party. Your guests will love them. Small foods are always impressive!
These mini cups could be kept in the fridge for 5-6 hours, before being served.
Simple tips to make these Mediterranean Phyllo Cups last longer and not get soggy:
- Remove seeds from the cucumbers.
- Remove seeds from tomatoes.
- Drain roasted red peppers well.
- Keep refrigerated.
- If using store bought phyllo shells, there is no need to bake them (most brands offer cups that have already been baked and frozen).
Hope you get to try these!
MEDITERRANEAN PHYLLO CUPS
- 12 mini Phyllo shells
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 medium tomato — (or 6 grape tomatoes), seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber — , seeds removed and diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper — , diced
- 6 kalamata olives — , chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Defrost frozen phyllo shells. Let them stand at room temperature for 10-15 min.
- Prepare ingredients, remove seeds from cucumber (scrape them out with a spoon or just cut them off), then chop tomatoes, cucumber and peppers.
- Add 1 tbsp hummus to each phyllo cup. Top with diced tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers, olives, green onions and feta.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for no more than 6 hours.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 61, Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 190mg, Potassium: 93mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 150%, Vitamin C: 3.4%, Calcium: 27%, Iron: 0.6%
You may also like: