Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs Recipe – juicy homemade chicken meatballs with a simple sweet and hot honey Sriracha sauce.
Great for an appetizer or a main dish.
This Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs Recipe is so good!
I’ll also share some tips on how to make juicy and delicious meatballs out of boneless skinless chicken breast.
You can serve these meatballs for an appetizer or a main dish, over a salad or in a grain bowl.
I rarely make meatballs and this needs to change.
I used to think that they are very time consuming, but if you are organized, they should’t take a long time.
So much better than store bought meatballs and of course less expensive.
All you need is: chicken breast, egg, bread, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
You can use a food processor (recommended) to grind the meat, meat grinder or a powerful blender.
I like my Kitchen Aid food processor and it does a great job for recipes like this.
The honey-Sriracha combination is definitely a winner.
This honey Sriracha chicken quinoa bowl is the perfect example.
The way I make honey-Striacha sauce is extremely easy.
All you need is honey, Sriracha hot sauce and lemon juice.
If you are not a fan of Sriracha, you can use another sauce of your choice for these chicken meatballs.
Tips for making these Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs (most of them I’ve learned from my grandmother):
- Keeping the meat juicy is very important, this is why I used 1 slice of bread, soaked in water, instead of breadcrumbs.
- The bread helps the meat stick together, but keeps it moist on the inside at the same time.
- Use grated onion (with the juice), this brings a great flavor and extra juiciness.
- I know it is easier to chop the onion, but trust me, grated onion works better.
- Take the time and grate some onion.
- Cook in a skillet on the stove top over medium-high heat to lock in the juiciness and create a nice crust on the outside.
- I know some people like to bake their meatballs instead of fry them, but frying (cooking on the stove top in some oil) produces more-delicious meatballs.
I know grilling season is approaching, but this Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs Recipe is a great year-round recipe.
- 1 lb (500 grams) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove , presses
- 1 small onion , grated
- 1 slice white bread , soaked in water
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Sriracha
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, until the sauce gets hot and thickens.
In a food processor or blender add chicken and process until ground. Add egg, bread, garlic, onion, salt and pepper and process until combined.
Transfer to a bowl and mix with your hands.
Using a small cookie scoop (about 2 tbsp) shape balls (roll with wet hands) and place them on a plate.
Heat 1 tbsp oil (you may need more) in a skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs 3-4 minutes per side and carefully turn, cooking time may vary depending on the type of skillet used. Cook meatballs until cooked through and golden.
Pour sauce over meatballs and toss to combine.
Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro and lime or lemon wedges.
You May Also Like: