Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl – a very simple combination of sweet and spicy flavored chicken served over quinoa.
Can you believe it is March already?
These last two months passed so quickly for me.
Today I’m sharing another protein packed quinoa bowl recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner.
Ready in just 30 minutes, this dish is easy to prepare and reheat.
I’ve had my eyes on this quinoa bowl recipe from one of my favorite bloggers – Marla, for a long time.
I recently decided to finally make it.
Turned out amazing, just what I was looking for.
Sriracha seems to be everywhere these days and I always have some in my pantry.
I use it as a ketchup substitute, in sauces and soups.
And since this dish combines my love for both quinoa and Sriracha, I’ll definitely be making it again!
The amount of Sriracha could be adjusted to your taste.
For some reason I’m a huge fan of the sweet and spicy combination in this sauce (honey-Sriracha), which I think will go awesome with some chicken wings.
If you like sweet and spicy, one bowl meals, this one might be just for you!
Full of protein, gluten free, this dish will definitely boost your energy and keep you full.
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Quinoa Bowl - a very simple combination of sweet and spicy flavored chicken served over quinoa.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 pounds (1 kg) chicken breast, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 1/2 cup Sriracha (or more according to taste)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Rinse quinoa 2-3 times with cold water. In a deep large skillet, combine water (chicken stock) and quinoa and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Optional: season with salt. Fluff with fork.
- In a large sauce pan meltt coconut oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked, fluffing a few times with thongs (6-7 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together honey, Sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add sauce to the pan and cook for about 8 more minutes. Chicken should be cooked through and sauce will thicken.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Top with scallions, sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
Adapted from Marla Meridith