Keto Tiramisu Fat Bombs
Craving a sweet snack with your afternoon coffee? Or in the morning with your bulletproof coffee? These Keto Tiramisu Fat Bombs are easy to make, rich, creamy and have a bold coffee flavor.
Keto Tiramisu Fat Bombs are made with a few simple ingredients and are nut free and low carb. I’ve already shared with you quite a few fat bomb recipes, but these are my favorite so far, because I’m a coffee lover.
Fat bombs are an excellent way to add fat to your diet, while staying in Ketosis.
Not only easy to make, but super flavorful and delicious, these fat bombs are great for coffee lovers.
Ingredients needed to make tiramisu fat bombs:
- mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese) at room temperature
- low carb sweetener – I recommend using powdered erythritol for smoother texture, not granulated, which will make the “candy”grainy
- heavy whipping cream
- unsweetened cocoa powder – optional
- coffee extract (optional) – if you don’t have any coffee extract, you can use the same amount of espresso
- vanilla extract
Cream cheese vs mascarpone in Keto diet
Mascarpone is Italian style double or triple cream cheese, made with cow’s milk. It is Keto friendly, since it the fat content per 1 oz is 12.7 g with 0.6 g of carbs.
Both cream cheese and mascarpone are great for low-carb diets and can be used in various sweet and savory recipes.
The difference between cream cheese and mascarpone cheese is the milk fat content. mascarpone is much creamier, fattier , sweeter and less tangy. Cream cheese can be substituted for mascarpone in this Keto Tiramisu Fat Bombs Recipe, but you won’t get the same flavor.
How to make tiramisu fat bombs?
- In a bowl mix together the mascarpone cheese and sweetener with a spatula.
- Add the vanilla extract, coffee extract, cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Using a whisk or an electric mixer on low speed, beat in the cream cheese, until incorporated.
- Fill an ice mold or candy mold with he mix and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Take the fat bombs out of the mold and keep in the fridge in zip lock bags for up to 1 month.
When to have fat bombs?
Fat bombs are mini bites made usually with butter, coconut oil, nuts, seeds and flavors, designed for people on low-carb Ketogenic or Atkins diets.
High fat and low carb foods are eaten to induce Ketosis, a state of starvation, where the body starts to burn fat. If you eat fat bombs within your daily macros, this will help you loose weight and keep your body in Ketosis.
Keto fat bombs are excellent for breakfast, dessert or a post workout snack. Great for when you are craving something sweet and also want to increase your fat intake.
More Fat Bomb Recipes:
Tiramisu Fat Bombs
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a bowl, mix together the room temperature mascarpone cheese and sweetener with a spatula, until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add in the coffee extract, vanilla extract and cocoa powder and mix to incorporate.
- With a whisk or a mixer running on slow speed add in the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
- Fill a candy or ice cube mold with the mixture and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Store the Keto fat bombs with tiramisu flavor in the fridge for up to 1 month.