Ham And Mushroom Stromboli
Quick and easy to make, this ham and mushroom stromboli is loaded with Italian flavors and made with Bertolli® Riserva pasta sauce.
You guys know how much I love my dessert rolls, but this time I have a pleasant surprise for you – a pizza roll! This is what stromboli basically is. This Ham And Mushroom Stromboli Recipe is not an authentic recipe, but it is the easiest way to make it at home. It requires minimal effort and just a few ingredients. I believe authentic stromboli is made with bread dough, but I always make mine with pizza dough.
I even used store bought garlic pizza dough for this, because it saved me some time. I’m not a shortcut person, but I got a terrible cold the other day, which doesn’t seem to be going away. And I feel sleepy and tired all the time. This ruined my plans for the first week of the year – I wanted to experiment with some healthy recipes and desserts, which did not happen. But there is always -next week!
But I’m glad I got to make this Ham And Mushroom Stromboli. It tastes so good and takes around 20 minutes to make. Serve it as an appetizer for a party, game day or even for dinner. We enjoyed it for an early dinner. Feeling sick, meals like this are just perfect to get back on track.
And the hero in this recipe is the pasta sauce – Bertolli® Riserva. It is one of the best quality pasta sauces I’ve tried so far. To celebrate over 150 years of Bertolli’s authentic, delicious flavors Bertolli has launched Bertolli® Riserva sauces!
Inspired by Bertolli’s Italian roots, each Bertolli® Riserva sauce is made with a select blend of specialty ingredients. Unique flavors pair beautifully to add just that extra touch of deliciousness!
I used the Porcini Mushrooms With White Truffle Oil flavor.
Visit Bertolli’s website for recipe inspiration and ideas. Explore the 150 tips to bring Tuscany to your table across the categories of Italian Essentials, prep skills, meal inspiration, Tuscan touch and Bertolli® Story.
In this recipe I used sauteed mushrooms. I was inspired by tip No. 082 – How to saute. The tip suggested:
- Use high heat to achieve browning without diminishing natural flavors.
- Large pan surface area maintains heat high without crowding.
- Only stir or flip when necessary to cause browning.
- Constant stirring is stir frying, not sautéing.
Make sure you check these tips out, they are very helpful!
Ham And Mushroom Stromboli
- 1 lb pizza dough — (homemade or store bought, I used garlic pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup Bertolli® Riserva Pasta Sauce — (or more if needed, but the more you use, the more difficult to bake the roll from the inside will be)
- 6 slices black forest ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 medium white mushrooms — , sliced and sauteed
- 1 egg — , beaten
- dried parsley for garnishing
- pasta sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough over the parchment paper, forming a rectangle (it needs to be thin).
- Spread pasta sauce over the dough, leaving a small part uncovered (about 1/4 of the dough lengthwise).
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese over the sauce. Add the slices of ham on top. Add mushrooms over the ham. Top with more cheese, but make sure you reserve some cheese to top the roll.
- Brush the plain strip of pizza dough with egg. Fold about 1/2 -1 of dough on each side and brush with egg. Roll as you'll roll a jelly roll starting from the side with the fillings and ending at the plain side. The plain strip needs to be at the bottom of the roll.
- Brush the roll with egg and sprinkle with cheese and dried parsley.
- Cut diagonal slots at the top of the roll.
- Bake at 500F for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Baking time may vary.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes and slice. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 317, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 64mg, Sodium: 1077mg, Potassium: 208mg, Carbohydrates: 38g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 18g, Vitamin A: 5.5%, Vitamin C: 1.4%, Calcium: 14.5%, Iron: 15.8%