This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe – the best thin crust cauliflower cheese pizza, that is easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients.
Low-carb and keto option included in the notes.
A great way for kids and adults to enjoy more veggies.
I’ve been making this Easy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe for a very long time now, way before I started my low-carb journey.
It is light, flavorful, low carb and doesn’t even taste much like cauliflower.
It does require a little more effort than making regular or fat head pizza, but the final result is worth it!
Made with cauliflower, egg, cheese, seasoning and flour. If you absolutely don’t want to use any flour, you can use coconut flour 1:1.
I’ve tested it and it works great!
How to make good cauliflower pizza?
- Make sure you grind the cauliflower very fine using a food processor or a box grinder.
- I personally don’t like box grinders, so my food processor is my best friend.
- I use this one and it does the job.
- You need to either bake or microwave the cauliflower to soften it and make it release the liquid.
- Then use a cheese cloth (recommended) to squeeze out as much water as you can out of it, this will ensure that the pizza dough is dry, workable and will produce a nice crust.
- If you don’t have a cheese cloth, you can place the cauliflower in a fine mesh sieve and press with a spoon to release the liquid.
- I used my oven since I’m not a fan of microwave cooking.
- I usually use mozzarella cheese in my cauliflower pizza recipes.
- I know that there are some recipes using Parmesan cheese and they produce even crispier pizza crust, but using mozzarella + flour or coconut flour produces a pretty good pizza for me.
- Once you bake the pizza crust, top with a little bit of tomato sauce, not a lot, because it will make the pizza soggy and more cheese.
- What toppings can you use on cauliflower pizza?
- Any kind of cheese will work, also pepperoni and roasted veggies of your choice.
- If you decide to use veggies, make sure they are cooked in advance and you add them 3-5 minutes before the pizza is ready, otherwise it may get too soft from the juices released from the vegetables.
For this Easy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe I used cheddar cheese on top, since it combines very well with the cauliflower.
If the crust does appear too soft, you can cut the pizza in slices and let it rest inside the hot, turned off ovn for 5-10 minutes, this will dry out the pizza even further.
If the pictures don’t work, make sure you check the short video out, showing how to make this Easy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe.
Easy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
For the pizza crust:
- 1 head cauliflower flourets, medium head, 4 full cup flourets
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp flour , use coconut flour for low-carb, keto
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated white cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- other toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place cauliflower in food processor (you may need to work in batches).Pulse a few times, until you get the texture of fine cauliflower rice. Place the cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking on it every 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven, let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes, then place in a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Alternatively cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 5 minutes on high, checking and stirring every 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, seasoning, beaten egg, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir to combine and form the dough.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pizza dough over it, forming a circle, about 1 cm thick. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Take out of the oven and spread the tomato sauce over it. Top with cheese and bake for 3-5 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve. If the crust is too wet, cut into slices and let the pizza sit in the turned off hot oven for 5-10 more minutes, this will ensure dry and crispy crust.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.