Grilled Cauliflower Skewers
Grilled Cauliflower Skewers – quick and easy way to make cauliflower florets on the grill. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and toped with a drizzle of lemon juice and parmesan. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. Low-calorie and low-carb dish.
Grilling season might officially be over, but I totally forgot to share with you this recipe for grilled cauliflower kebabs.
Thought of grilling cauliflower? I have the perfect recipe for you.
Great for a party appetizer or a side dish. Perfect for summer.
I’m a huge fan of cauliflower and I make roasted cauliflower all the time.
The charred flavor of this grilled cauliflower is surprisingly so good!
I also use cauliflower for in cauliflower rice dishes, soups, cauliflower grilled cheese and make it instead of mashed potatoes.
You may be asking yourself, can cauliflower be grilled?
Yes! There are two main ways to grill cauliflower.
- cauliflower steaks – cutting the cauliflower vertically into 1/2-inch steaks and grilling it
- cauliflower skewers (kabobs) – using cauliflower florets to thread them on a skewer and grilling it
How do you grill cauliflower?
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Cut cauliflower into florets or use store-bought pre-cut cauliflower. Wash and par dry.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some olive oil and a little bit of lemon juice.
- Thread cauliflower onto the skewers, about 4 thick florets onto each one.
- Preheat a gas grill to 450F. Clean the grates.
- Place carefully cauliflower on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once.
- Transfer to a platter. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Top with grated parmesan and parsley.
What ingredients you need to make grilled cauliflower on a skewer?
- cauliflower flourets
- olive oil
- black pepper
- parmesan (optional)
- lemon juice
You’ll also need wooden skewers to thread the cauliflower onto.
Seasoning for grilled cauliflower:
I used a basic combination of salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
You can really spice up your grilled cauliflower by adding spices like:
- hot red pepper flakes
I drizzled some lemon juice and topped the cauliflower kebabs with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Other possible toppings include:
- pesto sauce
- taking or tahini drizzle like the one I used in this recipe- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls With Tahini Drizzle
- yogurt sauce
How long to grill cauliflower for?
If you grill cauliflower on medium heat 450F and the cauliflower florets are medium size (2-inches), it should be nicely charred on the outside and tender on the inside after you grill it for 5-7 minutes per side.
Keep an eye on the cauliflower skewers, you don’t want them to burn.
What to serve this grilled cauliflower with?
Serve these grilled cauliflower skewers with other grilled vegetables like zucchini, peppers or Brussel sprouts. Make sure you check this Grilled Brussel Sprouts Kebabs recipe. They taste amazing!
You can serve it this steak, pork chops, chicken or seafood.
This grilled cauliflower recipe could be served on its own with a dipping sauce. It is perfect for a party appetizer.
Can grilled cauliflower be frozen?
I don’t recommend freezing it, unless you are going to use the frozen leftovers in soups and stews.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
Grilled Cauliflower Skewers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice — divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan — grated
- 1 tbsp parsleay — chopped, optional
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
Cut cauliflower into florets or use store-bought pre-cut cauliflower. Wash and par dry.
Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and a 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Thread cauliflower onto the skewers, about 4 thick florets onto each one.
Preheat a gas grill to 450F. Clean the grates.
Place carefully cauliflower on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once.
Transfer to a platter. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Top with grated parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 114, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 456mg, Potassium: 286mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 20%, Vitamin C: 48.1%, Calcium: 51%, Iron: 0.5%
I’m seriously SO excited to try these skewers, Mira! Such a creative idea to grill cauliflower!