Easy Peanut Butter Smoothie
Easy Peanut Butter Smoothie – creamy drink with lots of different flavors. Great for a light breakfast or snack. Easy to customize to your taste.
I’ve posted quite a few smoothie recipes, but never made a peanut butter one. I finally tried a combination I really like, so I know I should share it with you.
After finding an unopened jar of peanut butter, while cleaning my pantry and then seeing this delicious peanut butter green smoothie on Gayle’s blog, I started craving one!
This recipe is pretty simple. It takes 2 minutes to make and some simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. I used frozen strawberries, creamy peanut butter, banana, plain Greek yogurt, ice and some milk to thin it. (Water could be used to thin it, too).
Feel free to add sweetener, which I constantly skip, because my extra calories allowed are reserved for a slice of Tiramisu Cheesecake.
The only thing I highly advice is after you blend everything, check the consistency and sweetness and adjust according to your taste, before you pour this goodness into glasses.
This smoothie is creamy, thick, filling and refreshing. The recipe makes 2 small servings, so you can share. Unlike me who had one for a morning and another for afternoon snack.
It is definitely a new kind of smoothie to me, but I enjoyed the flavors and will be making it again.
My husband advised that I should add Nutella next time, so I can’t wait to try this.
This peanut butter smoothie combines a few different tastes, so feel free to add or omit ingredients.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar).
- 1 banana
- 8 medium frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (non dairy is fine)
- 1/2 cup ice
- sweetener like maple syrup (if needed)
- additional water to thin the smoothie (if needed)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. For an effortless blend, load blender jar with liquids first, followed by soft solids and then frozen ingredients.
- Check consistency and taste and make adjustments if needed. Then pulse a couple of times.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!