Keto Smoothie Recipe
Keto Smoothie Recipe – creamy, loaded with nutritious ingredients like coconut milk, avocado and berries, this smoothie is very easy to make, filling and delicious.
What is the Keto Diet?
As many of you may already know, I have been on a Keto Diet since March of 2018.
Following low-carb lifestyle has been extremely easy, fun and rewarding for my whole family.
Often times I’m surprised how I don’t really miss sugar and carbs.
I’ve been able to consume nutritious meals, full of fat and low in carbs and I also enjoy creating sugar-free desserts.
Everything I’ve made so far tastes amazing and I don’t regret starting the diet.
For those of you who are curious, what the Keto diet is – it is a very low-carb diet, which can help you burn fat effectively.
The body enters into ketosis and produces small fuel molecules called “ketones”.
This is an alternative fuel source for the body, used when blood sugar is in short supply.
What to consume on Keto Diet – foods low in carbs, high in fat and with a moderate amounts of protein.
We’ve always been fans of smoothies, but I realized that the ones we used to make before starting the Keto diet, were full of carbs and sugary fruits, like banana and pineapple.
At first I made some “Keto friendly” smoothies, but they didn’t taste too good.
They were too watery and not sweet.
This is when I decided to add coconut milk to my smoothies.
I used Thai Kitchen canned coconut milk.
To make a great Keto smoothie, you need to use low-carb, high fat and no refined sugar ingredients.
How to use this Coconut Milk In Cooking?
- You can add it to oatmeal, coffee and tea
- Use in stir-fries, soups, curries and sauces
- Substitute one can oil for water for a moist cake
- Replace heavy cream with coconut milk for Keto recipes, because heavy cream is not always the best option and coconut milk works best for vegan Keto recipes
Ingredients for this Keto smoothie recipe:
- coconut milk ( Used Thai Kitchen Full Fat Coconut Milk from a can)
- water or ice
- low-carb sweetener (optional)
- nut butter (optional, I usually add a teaspoon of peanut or almond butter to mine)
- cocoa powder
- berries -blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or blueberries (blueberries have the highest net carb count)
- chia seeds
How to make a low-carb Smoothie?
Making a Keto smoothie, doesn’t differ from making any regular smoothie.
Just place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If I happen to use only blackberries, I like to blend for 20-30 seconds more, because I don’t want to feel the seeds in my smoothie.
The result – a heavenly creamy and delicious drink.
Keto Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp low-carb sweetener — or more
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peanut or almond butter
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 436, Fat: 42g, Saturated Fat: 33g, Sodium: 44mg, Potassium: 601mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 114%, Vitamin C: 14%, Calcium: 47%, Iron: 3%