Crepe Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggcellentTreats #CollectiveBias
Festive and very simple to make, this Crepe Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream and BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk is perfect for a family celebration. It is very easy to assemble, you just need some patience to make the crepes. The BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk add some crunch and unique peanut butter flavor.
Hi guys! I’m very excited to share this Crepe Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream Recipe today.
Happy second day of spring!
While it is still a little cold around here I’m very excited that spring has begun. We are finally getting some sunshine, longer days and green grass.
And I can’t believe Easter is just around the corner! It is such a fun holiday for me! I love coloring eggs, cooking and baking.
But I’ve always thought that is is important to be able to relax (at least a little) and spend some time with the family during the holidays. Just don’t get overwhelmed with cooking and prepping stuff, because cooking takes a lot of time!
If you are hosting an Easter celebration at home, I believe that planning your menu and getting as much as you can done in advance is a great idea. Make a list and keep it updated.
Also choosing simple and tested recipes will reduce the stress. There isn’t really anything worse than a recipe, that you are making for the first time go wrong!
Don’t be scared to ask for help. You can’t do everything on your own.
For that reason, I have a simple crepe cake recipe for you today. You can’t really get it wrong, no underbaked cake layers or complicated pastry creams and fillings. The “hardest” part is making around 24 crepes. It does take a good 30 minutes, but it is totally worth it.
The chocolate whipped cream is made with heavy whipping cream, melted chocolate chips and cream cheese. It tastes creamy and delicious and it is one of my favorite spreads for crepes. The use of some cream cheese makes the whipped cream more stable.
I’ve made this cake before, but this time, I decided to add some peanut butter flavor to it and some cool egg decoration on top.
While they taste great on their own, I decided to use them in my cake. I chopped them and added them between the layers of my cake, which created extra crunch and added great natural flavor.
I always get over excited and buy a lot of Easter candy and BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk are among my favorite king.
No artificial colors and flavors, but there are added colors from natural sources. Fun for kids and adults.
I also got a bag of BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs, which are the perfect mini eggs to top the cake. I almost ate them before I got to the end of making the cake! They are also available at the candy aisle at Walmart.
This Crepe Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream is the perfect sweet treat for Easter!. It requires a little effort, but it is fun and has great thin layers and rich flavor.
If you need more inspiration, make sure you check Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board.
Also check Walmart’s website for more Nestle® products and candy for your holiday cooking.
For more information about BUTTERFINGER® visit their website.
Do you know what you’ll be cooking for Easter this year? Are you ready with your menu?
Crepe Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream
- For the crepes:
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- cooking spray
- For the chocolate cream cheese whipped cream:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted over a double boiler
- BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk - 1 egg for topping the cake + 5 chopped to put between the crepes
- fresh strawberries
- 2-3 BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs to top the cake
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet (I am using an 8 inch, 20cm skillet) to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the skillet. (The amount of batter to make a thin crepe in 8-inch skillet is around ¼ cup, just use a small ladle to pour it). Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly. When top starts to look dry, turn crepe using a thin spatula and cook the other side for 20-30 seconds more. Repeat the same process with all the remaining batter. Use some butter to coat the skillet each time. Make sure you don’t stack hot crepes on top of each other. To speed up the process, use 2 pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp powdered sugar until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add melted chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl beat heavy cream and the remaining powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add whipped cream to the cream cheese and chocolate mixture, beating on medium speed.
- Place one crepe on a plate or cake stand. Spread chocolate whipped cream on top. Repeat with 2 more crepes. Sprinkle some chopped BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk. Repeat the process with the remaining crepes, adding a layer of chopped BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk after each 2-3 crepes.
- Finish the top of the cake with chocolate whipped cream and garnish with 1 BUTTERFINGER® Cup Egg and 2-3 BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs. Add fresh strawberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour.