This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy One Pan Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon Recipe – ready in under 30 minutes, simple and delicious sheet pan dinner that could be paired with a salad or roasted veggies for the perfect effortless nutritious meal. All you need are seven staple ingredients.
This One Pan Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon Recipe is my go to for a fresh and flavorful dinner. The combination of garlic and dill, with zesty lemon makes this salmon taste like a restaurant quality meal.
This Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon Recipe is easy to prepare, and results in juicy, meaty and tasty versatile meal.
Salmon is a fatty fish with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein and an a lot of vitamins and antioxidants.
I used Coho Salmon for this baked salmon recipe.
Coho is also called silver salmon because of its silver skin. It has bright red flesh and delicate texture. It cooks fast. I like to leave the skin on and bake the salmon skin side down for around 15-20 minutes at 350 F.
Always get the highest quality, preferably wild caught salmon if you can afford it.
Salmon is great for low-carb, keto dinner and you can use minimal spices and seasoning to prepare it.
If you are a wine drinker, salmon pairs well with white wines like Moscato or Pinot Grigio.
How to make baked salmon?
- Wash and pat dry the fish with paper towels.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper. I used skin on Coho salmon.
- Grease a sheet pan on porcelain baking dish with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder (or fresh garlic), dill and lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush salmon on top with the mixture.
- Garnish with more fresh dill and lemon slices.
How long to bake salmon in the oven?
Depending on the temperature, type of salmon, size of the piece of fish and type of baking dish and oven, it takes anywhere between 12 and 20 minutes. In most cases it takes 12-15 minutes at 400F or 18-20 minutes.
What is the best temperature to make salmon in the oven?
I’ve tested sheet pan salmon recipes with baking the fish at temperatures between 350 F and 400F and I personally prefer to bake the fish at lower temperature (350F) for between 15-20 minutes, until set and the top starting to look opaque on top.
If you’d like the fish to look golden on top, you need to broil is at 425 F for 1-2 minutes, keeping on eye on it, because you are risking to dry it out.
If you still want to bake the salmon at higher temperature, bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes.
What is the best pan to bake salmon in the oven?
Any sheet pan works in this garlic dill lemon baked salmon recipe. Any ceramic or Pyrex baking dish works as well. I’ve noticed that this One Pan Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon Recipe takes slightly longer to cook when I use a ceramic baking pan, that when I use a metal sheet pan.
Easy One Pan Garlic Dill Lemon Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1 1/4 lb Salmon, King, Sockeye or Coho salmon
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a sheet pan of a porcelain baking dish with olive oil. Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the olive oil, garlic, dill, lemon juice. Place salmon skin side down in the baking dish. Pour the mixture over the salmon and spread on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the fish is no longer opaque on top. If you'd like it to look golden on top, broil for 1 minute, (425F ) keeping an eye on it. Thermometer inserted in the middle should read 145 F.
- Garnish with fresh dill and lemon slices. Serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Salmon Recipes: