Oven Baked Green Beans With Parmesan Cheese
These oven baked green beans with parmesan cheese are simple to prepare and ready in under 30 minutes.
Some people might call this recipe for oven baked green beans with parmesan cheese a side dish, but I can totally call it a meal. Light, crunchy and full of flavor from the freshly shredded parmesan cheese. If you don’t like parmesan, you can totally skip it. These green beans are perfect for all veggie lovers out there. Add some Chinese noodles like Mein Noodles and you can turn this dish into a vegan one.
I really enjoy the texture of the lightly oven baked green beans, although they taste pretty good steamed or boiled, too.
I find the most important part of this oven baked green beans to be finding the perfect beans, which are tender and melt in your mouth. Stay away from tough ones, because they will totally ruin the dish. Do not use canned green beans as they often are very mushy. I personally prefer fresh or frozen (thawed).
Green beans are rich in vitamin A, K and C, beta carotene and are low in calories. They are the perfect vegetable for a clean and well balanced healthy diet.
Just set a baking dish, spray beans with some olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and bake in preheated to 300 F for 20 minutes, or until they start to change color.
If you like your green beans well done, increase baking time with 5 minutes, or set the oven to broil and broil them for around 3 minutes, keeping an eye. There is no need to turn green beans while baking. Take out of the oven and sprinkle finely grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil (I use Misto oil sprayer)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 F. (You can bake at higher temperature, but make sure you keep an eye on the beans, because once they start changeling color, can easily get over done).
- Grease a (15''x10'') baking pan and add green beans. Spray or sprinkle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 300 F for 20 minutes until tender, or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Take out of the oven, transfer to a serving dish and drizzle lemon juice. Add grated parmesan cheese on top and serve.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)