Grilled Zucchini Salad
Grilled Zucchini Salad Recipe- zucchini sliced lengthwise, lightly charred, but still crunchy, chopped and served with simple, tangy and fresh dressing made of olive oil, vinegar, balsamic, salt, parsley and fresh dill.
I love grilling vegetables and today I’ll share with you a recipe for a grilled zucchini salad. Great for summer and the grilling season, it is very tasty and flavorful.
This recipe was posted first in 2014. It was time to update the photos to new ones, that truly show how delicious this Grilled Zucchini Salad is.
I’m sure some of you also feel this way, but I just can’t believe it is almost mid August and summer is going towards its end. I’ll miss the nice weather and time spent outdoors.
I don’t only make this Grilled Zucchini Salad during summer. I make it year round. It is a staple to my party menu, because my family and friends love it. It is perfect as a salad, but also as a side dish. There are a couple similar recipes on the blog, that taste just a good.
Make sure you check them out – Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini and Peppers Salad and Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette. I personally think that grilling zucchini is one of the best ways to cook them. The outside gets charred and the inside still stays not over cooked and slightly crunchy.
Add them to a green salad, or just make this Grilled Zucchini Salad. The dressing here is so refreshing. Zucchini doesn’t have too much flavor anyways, this is why charring it and adding a flavorful dressing is important.
A combination of olive oil, tangy red wine vinegar, sweet and rich balsamic, complements the grilled zucchini so much. Not to mention the addition of garlic, parsley and fresh dill, which is perfect for summer. You can also top this salad with shaved parmesan or even feta. I didn’t do it this time, but it tastes delicious.
Hope you get to try it till the end of Summer, of course if you love zucchini.
Grilled Zucchini Salad
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Heat grill to meduim-high heat.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush them with some olive oil before grilling. I personally like spraying them with olive oil using my Misto Oil Sprayer.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes per side or until slightly charred. Then remove and place them on a platter to cool down.
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic and apple cider vinegar. Add salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and dill.
- Cut zucchini into smaller pieces and pour dressing over them. Let it marinate for 10 minutes on room temperature.