This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Eggplant Zucchini and Peppers Salad. Quick and simple to make on the grill, perfect for a summer barbecue. Loaded with wonderful flavor.
We are halfway through the work week and there is a holiday weekend on the way.
And I just can not forget that this summer will be coming to an end. This means that we are almost done with grilling season.
I was debating if I should post this recipe. But the timing is just perfect, because if you decide that you like it, you can make it for Labor Day Weekend. (The official END of Grilling Season)!
I’m not even confident calling this dish a salad. Because it could also work as a side dish. It pairs great with grilled meat and even burgers. One of my favorite summer grilled vegetable salads and I love making it! And the best part – everyone around here loves it! It is one of my go-to recipes when I’m doing a summer party.
All you need to do for this recipe is: cut the zucchini lengthwise and eggplant crosswise into 1/3 to 1/2 inch slices. Spray or brush with olive oil. Grill zucchini, eggplant and peppers on medium-high heat, until charred and just beginning to soften. Feel peppers, if you’d like. Then you can chop eggplant, zucchini and peppers and add the dressing. Or you can serve the veggies as they are with the dressing on top.
The dressing is what creates the unique flavor in this dish. And it is so simple! Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, pressed garlic, chopped parsley and dill. So light and fresh.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Grilled Eggplant Zucchini And Peppers Salad
- one medium or large eggplant
- 3 medium zucchini
- 12 mini peppers, (or 3 medium red or green peppers)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, , minced or pressed
- cooking spray
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Wash zucchini, eggplant and peppers. Slice zucchini lengthwise and eggplant crosswise into 1/3-1/2 inch thick slices. Spray zucchini, eggplant and peppers with cooking spray (or olive oil spray).
- Grill until vegetables are charred and beginning to soften. Turn once. Peppers will cook faster. Zucchini usually need 5 minutes per side and eggplant needs 6-7 minutes per side. (Grilling time may vary depending on the thickness of the vegetables and temperature of the grill.
- Remove from the grill. Peel peppers. When cool enough to handle, chop vegetables into 1/2 in cubes.
- In a bowl mix together olive oil, vinegar, balsamic, salt, honey, parsley, dill and garlic. Pour dressing over vegetables and mix to combine.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Grilling Recipes