This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These pesto shrimp skewers are made on the grill and taste amazing! Serve them as an appetizer or a light meal. They are perfect for a party!
Now that it is officially summer, I love using my grill even more. And food on a stick is always a great idea for entertaining. I’ve made them many times. These will be perfect for 4th of July, too!
Jumbo shrimp, marinated in flavorful pesto, then threaded onto skewers with some grape tomatoes and lime slices. The tomatoes and lime slices are totally optional, I had friends come over, when I made these, so I wanted to get as many skewers as possible, that’s why I added them. I do not suggest that you squeeze the grilled limes over the shrimp, instead use fresh lime juice. The grilled ones are just for decoration and, if they are burned, they might taste a little bitter.
You can use smaller shrimp and smaller skewers, it is up to you. I do not like 0ver cooked shrimp, that’s why this is on the lighter side, feel free to cook it to the desired doneness.
These pesto shrimp skewers are super easy and perfect for the seafood lovers out there.
Easy Pesto Shrimp Skewers On The Grill
For the shrimp:
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, , deveined
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 3 limes, , cut into quarters
- 8 wooden skewers
- In a large bowl combine pesto, salt, pepper and lime juice. Add shrimp, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Thread lime, shrimp and tomato onto skewers.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium low heat. Glean grates and lightly grease them.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, until shrimp is no longer pink.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.