Salmon With Grilled Zucchini And Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Thanks to Sizzlefish for providing me with the opportunity to taste their Sockeye Salmon.
Seasoned with just salt and pepper, this sockeye salmon is grilled to perfection and tastes fresh and delicious. Served with grilled zucchini and lemon basil vinaigrette, you have a simple meal, ready in just 20 minutes.
I might not share a lot of fish recipes, but I love seafood! Meals like this Salmon With Grilled Zucchini is something I can eat every day. Salmon is one of my favorite kinds of fish, because it is very easy to prepare, tastes mild and melts in your mouth. It is also one of the best kinds of fish for grilling. And you know, I prefer to use my grill in the summer. Of course, you can bake or pan fry it, if you’d like. Add it to a salad, or serve with a side of grilled vegetables.
Seasoning the salmon fillets with just salt and pepper is what I did for this recipe. Then grill them 3-4 minutes per side. For a side dish I grilled some zucchini and made a simple flavorful lemon basil vinaigrette. It adds a lot of freshness to the dish and you can drizzle it over both the zucchini and fish.
The fish for today’s recipe was sent to me by Sizzlefish. I was very excited to try all the goodies that come in their Paleo Prime Plus sampler. With the wonderful variety of wild caught fish and shellfish , I felt like I’m in a seafood heaven. All fish comes in individual portions, which makes it very convenient to use, no matter if you are cooking just for yourself or for more people.T
he selection is awesome and it arrived in just 2 days after shipping. You can order it online.
If you love salmon, you most likely know the difference between farmed and wild caught. Sizzlefish will provide you with the finest quality salmon, if interested you should check their website.
It also felt awesome cooking some wild caught gulf shrimp, which is very hard to find here in Chicago.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 (4 oz ) Sockeye Salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 small zucchini , cut lengthwise ( 1/4 inch thickness)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat a gas grill to medium heat (375 F- 425 F). Clean grates. Spray wit oil.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels.Coat with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on the grill, skin side up and grill for 2-3 minutes. Then using a spatula, very carefully turn and grill for another 3-4 minutes, until skin is crispy. Remove from grill.
- Spray zucchini with oil. Grill zucchini, 4-5 minutes per side, until soft and grill marks are visible.
- For the vinaigrette- combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve salmon warm with zucchini and lemon basil vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette: add more honey to adjust to desired taste.