Easy Kale Potato And Sausage Soup Recipe
Easy Kale Potato And Sausage Soup Recipe – hearty soup, packed with sausage, potatoes and kale, perfect for a cold winter day.
Happy Monday guys! Did you have a nice weekend?
Mine was nice and short!
I’m gonna miss this nice weather.
Looking at the forecast, it is supposed to get colder this week…
This is a popular soup.
I’m not gonna call it Olive Garden Copycat.
I’m not sure how exactly they make it there.
I don’t call it Zuppa Toscana either.
This is one of my favorite soups, made on the stove top for around 30 minutes.
Chunky, a little spicy and a little creamy.
This Kale Potato And Sausage Soup will keep you warm.
It is quite filling, too!
Don’t like kale?
Substitute with spinach.
It will be delicious!
Take it to a potluck.
Most people around me love this easy kale, potato and sausage soup.
So simple to make and full of wonderful flavors, enhanced even more by the sausage.
This Kale Potato And Sausage Soup is comfort food and you can definitely enjoy it any time of the year.
With the weather starting to get cold, we spent the whole day on Friday at home.
It just felt too cold to go out.
But it was also the perfect time to make this easy kale, potato and sausage soup.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (casing removed, I buy it with no casing from the store)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves , pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste ( I usually use 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper)
- 1 lb small new potatoes or red potatoes , diced
- 6 cups chicken broth (alternatively use water and chicken bullion)
- 1 bunch of kale , washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional, I sometimes omit it to reduce the calories in the soup)
- In a deep pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage. Cook for 5 minutes, until brown, stirring frequently to crumble it while it cooks.
- Add onion and garlic, stir to combine. Add oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock and bring soup to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Add kale and cook for 2 more minutes, then add cream. Stir.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot.